U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,711,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
My kids work at a fireworks stand in the summer, their bonus is all the stuff that is left over. Last year we shot off about $1K worth of motars, buzz bombs. etc in our
neighborhood. We block the streets and have at it. It's a hoot!
Only because you live in Missouri where its all legal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:44 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,875,010 times
I'm usually pretty tolerant, but when those kids started throwing bottle rockets at the taxi I was in last year, I got a bit testy.

Yes, my neighborhood gets a bit loud on the fourth, but I don't mind it. In fact, I'm listening to people shooting off fireworks right now.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 AM

16,972 posts, read 22,295,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Only because you live in Missouri where its all legal
A lot of fireworks aren't legal here either (VT) but that doesn't stop anybody...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM

2,585 posts, read 9,549,543 times
Lots of fireworks in our neighborhood and I love it. Brings back a lot of memories as a kid shooting them off. Also enjoy the free show I get any direction I look. Its only one week out of the year so I put up with the noise and love the enviornment.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:07 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,636,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
My kids work at a fireworks stand in the summer, their bonus is all the stuff that is left over. Last year we shot off about $1K worth of motars, buzz bombs. etc in our
neighborhood. We block the streets and have at it. It's a hoot!
A couple of years ago I attended a fireworks party in Chicago. The street was blocked off and people were setting off commercial grade fireworks generally reserved for places like Navy Pier. Nobody cared and we all had a good time. The funny thing is that uniformed cops showed up and were only interested in where the food was - only in Chicago.

And yes, that evening was like a war zone but very memorable and incredible fun.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 AM

3,340 posts, read 8,711,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
A lot of fireworks aren't legal here either (VT) but that doesn't stop anybody...
exactly

Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,636,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Exactly the same in Illinois. Most are as illegal as hell, but no one seems to care. Kind of like speeding tickets. Don't get caught, but if you do no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.