U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM

23,443 posts, read 18,018,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Detroit and St. Louis.
The City of St Louis (STL County is a completely separate entity), you mean, and what about East St Louis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,510,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The City of St Louis (STL County is a completely separate entity), you mean, and what about East St Louis?
No, I meant the CITY of St. Louis. I have encountered many shady areas while in town. E. St. Louis I do not even bother to drive in, unless I am driving by on the freeway. Looks like a warzone.

But I meant St. Louis, Missouri.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM

23,443 posts, read 18,018,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
No, I meant the CITY of St. Louis. I have encountered many shady areas while in town. E. St. Louis I do not even bother to drive in, unless I am driving by on the freeway. Looks like a warzone.

But I meant St. Louis, Missouri.
Thought you did, and yes, there are parts of the City of St Louis that I would NEVER think of going into.
But on the other hand, there are some really nice parts of STL that I love....totally agree with you about E STL!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,510,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thought you did, and yes, there are parts of the City of St Louis that I would NEVER think of going into.
But on the other hand, there are some really nice parts of STL that I love....totally agree with you about E STL!
Oh yeah, I love St. Louis. One of the best cities in the Midwest and extremely underrated. They have one of the best light rail systems I have seen, a great downtown, an awesome park system, and great suburbs (not the cookie cutter kind ).

Honestly, Cleveland and St. Louis are like sister cities. Love em both, and have great times when I am there.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 PM

902 posts, read 1,615,266 times
I believe the 3 highest crime-rated cities in the mid-west are all in Michigan unfortunately--Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw. So those are the three that I would say are the most dangerous, as well as Youngstown, Ohio.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:04 PM

902 posts, read 1,615,266 times
O damn, I completely forgot about E. St. Louis and St. Louis as well.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM

31,948 posts, read 37,944,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
How is that implying whites are supreme? What the poster said happens to be true. And I'd imagine the poster would be willing to admit that it is more of an economic thing, and the people in that economic situation happen to be black.
Umm, you should check that posters history.....Anyway, it is more complex than some people want to realize.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:04 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
I believe the 3 highest crime-rated cities in the mid-west are all in Michigan unfortunately--Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw. So those are the three that I would say are the most dangerous, as well as Youngstown, Ohio.
Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Gary, Flint, Youngstown, East Cleveland, East St. Louis, Kansas City, Dayton, Saginaw, etc.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,163,599 times
People, St Louis has NOTHING on Detroit! The only reason STL makes the most dangerous list is they only count a very small population. If they measured STL like every other city in the country, we wouldn't break the top 50 most dangerous! They only count an area of 350,000 people, in a metro of over three million. In that area of 350,000 is North STL, which is where the majority of the crime takes place. The central corridor and south side are for the most part vibrant, safe neighborhoods.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,163,599 times
^
I will add that I have lived in the St Louis area for 6 years, in South City for three years. I have never had a problem with crime. It really is a shame the Morgan Quinto list will not measure the statistics fairly, they do a lot of damage for the sake of book sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.