U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:01 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,000,780 times

Advertisements

^That one is new as well? Just thought I would add also, Minneapolis's skyline is some real nice eye candy.

I am a huge sports fan, but I also love cities. So when I am at the games I often find myself looking at the skylines more than the games sometimes lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,442,522 times
i love stadiums and cities so I do like to see a little of everything as well - especially with baseball

i think mpls has a really nice skyline - smaller city for sure, but some interesting aspects to it and it seems to fit

i think the gophers will be ready the season after this one and the twins a year after that if i'm not mistaken - will be nice to get them both out of the marshmallow - especially the twins

Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM

30 posts, read 120,500 times
this is an interesting topic, great job OP. i like comerica park in detroit, i went to a ball game over there several years ago. remember it like it was yesterday. i couldnt stop looking at the glamorous city skyline, great game aswell, it was against the cleveland indians and the tigers won 5-3. great game. i love just about any downtown stadium, especially at night, where you can see the skylights

Old 06-30-2008, 05:24 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,000,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
this is an interesting topic, great job OP. i like comerica park in detroit, i went to a ball game over there several years ago. remember it like it was yesterday. i couldnt stop looking at the glamorous city skyline, great game aswell, it was against the cleveland indians and the tigers won 5-3. great game. i love just about any downtown stadium, especially at night, where you can see the skylights
Suprise suprise Indians loose again lol. So much for the best lineup in baseball like they said at the first of the season.

Detroit and Cleveland have two very nice ballparks with great views of the skyline. I like Detroit's view better though because you can see more, it is more open to the skyline. Cleveland's is more based on the Tower City Complex, Quicken Loans Arena, and the amazing Key Tower.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM

9,029 posts, read 16,442,522 times
good call on detroit - i like a lot of the external, decorative and concourse stuff they did with the stadium, but have never seen this view

Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM

http://www.sportsdeals365.com/images/ComericaPark2.jpg (broken link)

thats a great view of comerica park

Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM

there are lots of great ball parks all across america, theres just so many to choose from, i think alot of ball parks are better than most stadiums, theres just a feeling you get when your at a ball game, but im not a fan of watching them on tv.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:41 PM

4,382 posts, read 15,328,897 times
I love the View from Camden Yards! But i simply HATE the new Hilton built near the stadium that blocks some views with it's HIDEOUS face. Still good view though! I also like Pittsburgh's view

Old 06-30-2008, 05:44 PM

681 posts, read 2,772,928 times
Des Moines' Principal Park is a good minor-league stadium with a killer view.

View of the state capitol beyond center field. Supposedly, some players have been known to be bothered by sunlight reflected off of the dome!

View of downtown down the left field line.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM

minor league ball parks are easy to forget about, great pics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.