U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,100,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Most cities are beautiful in their own way, but I'm partial to palm trees and warm temps so I'd go with Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Phoenix, and definitely Las Vegas.

For non-palm tree cities, I'd go with NYC, Boston, Seattle, Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago, Ottawa, Washington, what the heck I'll throw in Philly, too...
Im surprised for warm/palm cities, you failed to mention anywhere in Hawaii, but mentioned SanFran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,810,415 times
I think NYC is beautiful because you can find everything from ghethos to parks to beautiful archeticture skyscrapers.

Pittsburgh i bet going to win in this forum. Seems like its always pittsburgh

Old 11-17-2012, 07:06 PM

9,471 posts, read 12,317,065 times
America's Most Beautiful Cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
The only rule is that it can't be YOUR town!
Honolulu
Los Angeles
Seattle
Anchorage
San Francisco
Denver
San Diego
Salt Lake City
Tucson
Phoenix
Albuquerque
Los Vegas
Boise
Portland
Colorado Springs
San Jose

Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM

630 posts, read 841,162 times
Seattle
SF
San Diego
Charleston
Miami
Boston
Denver

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM

6,015 posts, read 6,373,832 times
Most beautiful small cities:

Savannah
Portland, ME
Santa Fe
St. Augustine
Traverse City
Santa Barbara

Old 05-20-2013, 02:32 AM

939 posts, read 2,830,786 times
Definitely San Francisco. As for Denver, the mountains look pretty cool but the city itself is bland. Same goes for Salt Lake City. I haven't been to Seattle, but I'm fairly confident I would find it as stunningly beautiful as San Francisco. I have never been to Portland either, but I just don't think it's urban/large enough in scope to catch my interest or to get a vote.

In summary: San Francisco. Honolulu is nice too but overrated.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,818,592 times
Washington
Savannah
charleston

Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 PM

8 posts, read 34,352 times
I would say that Salt Lake City is definitely the most beautifully situated major top 50 city/metro in No. America. This mostly because of the close proximity of it's stunning mountains and canyons throughout it's entire metro. The typical resident can literally step out their front door and have to crane their neck upward to look at the mountain scape. Also, for a landlocked city it has an amazing amount of freshwater lake and reservoir shoreline within it's close proximity, not to mention the long list of top resorts. For a Western States city it has a lot of major historic architecture throughout it's CBD, and it's all pristinely maintained. Since it's a prosperous boomtown, there is also an extensive amount of brick and mortar and transportation development taking place, especially mass transit. The downtown core has some of the most beautiful public, retail and mixed use spaces going up in the country right now.

Southern Cali. is my home, and it is one of if not the most ideal climates in the world. Most days are bright and sunny, and not at all smoggy. I love wearing a tank top in the middle of Jan./Feb., while much of the rest of the continent is freezing in artic blasts. For that and many other reasons. Southern California is still 'The Dream.'

Last edited by SoCal2000; 02-16-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 09:03 PM

596 posts, read 676,857 times
Salt Lake City is beautiful. Mountains everywhere you look and most of the year they are snow capped. I also love the wide streets and the valley seems to have a very groomed look.

Seattle is stunning with the mountains, hills, the water, and all that green! I would give it first place as the most beautiful. I would love to live there.

Portland very beautiful as well for similar reasons.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM

8 posts, read 34,352 times
Those of you who are familiar with Denver will understand what I mean. Denver I think is a great town, and I don't think it's just another average American city as some have suggested. However, it is by no means among the Wests most beautifully situated citys. It is for the most part a plains city located at a distance from the mountains, much the same as Calgary. The topography of the metro itself is not nearly as interesting as Seattle, San Fran., Salt Lake City, Los Angeles or many of the major Western cities. There are some towns within the greater metro, such as Golden, which are closer to the mountains, but again it is primarily a plains city. To be sure the mountains to the west are very beautiful, once you get into their interior, as is all of Western Colorado. Denver's immediate topography resembles Kansas and Nebraska more than a Salt Lake, Seattle or Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.