U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM

4,057 posts, read 9,104,743 times

Advertisements

Sedona AZ, small but still a city
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 PM

4,186 posts, read 10,297,465 times
San Diego

Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 PM

65 posts, read 271,206 times
Default Little Rock is Beautiful

America's Most Beautiful Cities-old-state-house-museum-little-rock.jpg

America's Most Beautiful Cities-little-rock-dusk.jpg

Old 01-07-2010, 09:29 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Boston
Annapolis
NYC (especially on a cold snowy night)

Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 AM

11,172 posts, read 22,363,867 times
I would say San Fran and Seattle were very beautiful.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 7,973 times
Default Montevallo, AL

Montevallo is a small town just outside of Birmingham, Alabama. The actual population is very small, but the University of Montevallo provides for a higher population during school session. There are large farms on the outskirts of town, and within town, local buisnesses that have withstood time. The University itself holds the real beauty for me. The school collects rare trees and even offers tree tours.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 AM

50 posts, read 120,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMetropolis View Post
  1. Chicago - is pretty nice love the beautiful architecture and brilliant skyline
  2. San Francisco - come on it's San Fran what's not beautiful about the Golden Gate and SF skyline
  3. Seattle - a city I dream of living in just beautiful all around
  4. New York City - New York's skyline is breath taking especially if you seen it in 2008; it's skyline has changed immensely
  5. Los Angeles - in it's own way is beautiful; most of you won't agree with me because you might view L.A. in another way
I agree with you on Los Angeles. Sure, it's not the most beautiful city for the air, but I've seen some pictures of the LA skyline on a clear day and the mountains in the background. I think LA is beautiful for the sprawl. It's got so many unique areas. Downtown, West Hollywood, Malibu, Santa Monica. Not to mention the view of Downtown from McArthur Park. And I think all the streets lined with palm trees is pretty cool too.

My opinion on the US' most beautiful cities:

Seattle- The skyline with Mt. Rainier in the backdrop and Elliot Bay is absolutely amazing.

Los Angeles- Look above ^^

Omaha- I also love the sprawl of Omaha too. Plus it's downtown is pretty nice. And the Old Market with the brick streets is really neat. What I love about the Omaha skyline is that the none of the buildings seem to really outshine the others. And also the city didn't go skyscraper crazy and build a tall building that is out of scale with the others.

New York City- From the bridges to the Art Deco buildings to the wide, building lined avenues. NYC is definately beautiful.

There are others too, but I'm too tired to list them all

Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,300,407 times
America's Most Beautiful Cities
The only rule is that it can't be YOUR town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
The only rule is that it can't be YOUR town!
All of the Western Cities Barring None.....

Los Angeles***
San Francisco***
San Diego**
San Jose*
Oakland
Long Beach*
Portland**
Seattle***
Reno*
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tucson*
Albuquerque**
Salt Lake City***
Santa Fe***
Denver***
El Paso*
Boise*

Old 02-02-2010, 01:24 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,545,363 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHC7...eature=related

Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,729,046 times
I haven't been to SLC, Seattle, or Denver but here's a list out of all of the ones I've been in so far.

1. San Francisco-The natural setting is what makes it. Also the Victorian architecture is nice.
2. Boston-The narrow streets and harbor setting are nice. Plus all the historic sites.
3. NYC-Central Park is probably the most gorgeous place in the world in spring, fall, or right after a winter snow.
4. Santa Barbara, Ca-Classic California beach setting.
5. Philadelphia-I was surprised at how gorgeous Philly is. The area around independence hall is nice as well as the area near the Museum of Art. City hall is great and there are tons of quirky/artsy areas that make wandering through the city interesting.
6. Savannah/Charleston-It's the southern charm I guess.
7. Washington D.C.-I haven't really explored much of D.C. except for along the mall. What I have seen is nice.
8. San Antonio, Tx-The area near the Riverwalk and Alamo is pretty cool.

I can't say anything about Chicago, Seattle, SLC, Denver, New Orleans, etc. And I drove through Albequerque at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.