U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:27 AM

5,728 posts, read 9,096,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
You are the first person I've seen post that would rather live where it gets to be cold over some Sunbelt state. There should be more people who share your views.

I also want to add San Francisco to my list because it is the only city in California that I could live in for a long time.
You can add me to the list. I prefer cold climate areas like New England, Minnesota, and central and western NY to hot and humid areas like my current home of Kansas City. And you can't beat the mountains, forests and lakes in most of those cold climate states either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 AM

1,573 posts, read 5,654,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Santa Barbara, CA...I would love to live there, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone that's been to that city.
Santa Barbara is indeed a beautiful place. But every time I am there, I always wonder...where do all the middle class folks live???

Old 07-02-2008, 06:49 AM

34,696 posts, read 33,714,187 times
If you mean which place appeals to me most just from the looks of it in books, movies and photos, I would have to say someplace in Montana or Idaho. Not sure if I'd want to live there, though.

You know, the one time in your life where you truly do a lot of research to pick your future living destination is when you retire because you are not tied to a region, state or city because of your job or an immediate family member's job). Until I retired, my job, my ex-husband's job or my father's job has always dictated at least the area where I lived. But, I have never lived in a bad location, at the time I lived there, and I've moved at least 23 times in my life within 3 states and the District of Columbia.

I'm living in the most appropriate town for me right now, at this stage of my life, because I primarily chose it based on the things I like to do now, unencumbered by anything or anyone else. But it would have not been the locale I would have liked to live in at 12, 25 or 40 if I had the freedom to choose at those ages.

You'll all probably change your minds, too, as you age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or