U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is TX the best state of USA ?
YES 57 28.36%
NO 144 71.64%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:05 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,458,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi713 View Post
That link doesn't prove anything, it's a bunch of blog entries from people like you............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 04:08 PM

415 posts, read 391,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That link doesn't prove anything, it's a bunch of blog entries from people like you............
And you to...

Look, you can use it either way. When you say a place is "fastest growing", you can mean it as gaining the most people, or higher percentage gains.

And I didn't prove my point. Instead, proved mine! Some say New Orleans is the fastest growing (using percentages), others say Houston is (using raw numbers).

Old 07-11-2008, 04:08 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,199,053 times
Quote:
Tell that to the Census: http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2008/07/07/daily32.html?surround=lfn

And I dare you to tell it to these people: Houston Fastest Growing US City - HAIF® - Houston's largest internet community

They are the ones saying "fastest growing". Maybe you and sav should teach them a lesson.

He isn't teaching me anything I don't know.
OMG you really don't understand do you? The first article you linked to is talking about CITIES, not the entire state. And the second is talking about Houston ONLY not the entire state of Texas. And the second article also says it gained the most in Population, NOT percentage and it DID NOT say it was the fastest growing city, it said
Quote:
Houston added the most residents between 2006 and 2007,
Not a word on that forum about being the fastest growing city at all, just total population growth as a raw number.

We don't need to teach them a lesson, you need to learn the lesson, they already know it. Neither of them states that Texas as a state is the fastest growing state in the US.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
OMG you really don't understand do you? The first article you linked to is talking about CITIES, not the entire state. And the second is talking about Houston ONLY not the entire state of Texas. And the second article also says it gained the most in Population, NOT percentage and it DID NOT say it was the fastest growing city, it said
I'm just giving an example, so I used cities. I could pull the state news reports from last year if you want them that bad.

Quote:
Not a word on that forum about being the fastest growing city at all, just total population growth as a raw number.
I guess you didn't even read the title.

Quote:
We don't need to teach them a lesson, you need to learn the lesson, they already know it. Neither of them states that Texas as a state is the fastest growing state in the US.
Again, you didn't even read the title. Throughout that whole thread they have said Houston is the fastest growing, in terms of raw numbers.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
And you to...

Look, you can use it either way. When you say a place is "fastest growing", you can mean it as gaining the most people, or higher percentage gains.

And I didn't prove my point. Instead, proved mine! Some say New Orleans is the fastest growing (using percentages), others say Houston is (using raw numbers).
How thick headed are you?

You refer to a freakin BLOG ENTRY as evidence! If you actually click on the link they are referring to it proves MY POINT again, it shows the fastest growing city using PERCENTAGES. I'm thinking the person who made that entry is as clueless as you.

Did you even click on the link that blog entry is referring to?

Population Estimates for Places over 100,000: 2000 to 2006 (http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/SUB-EST2007.html - broken link)

If you did it would show you the PERCENTAGES again and not raw numbers.

Seriously, You don't know what the hell you're talking about and you are to freakin stubborn and thick headed to realize it, which sounds about right for a Texan. Go get an education first before you pretend to speak like you have a damn clue what the hell you're talking about. They are suppose to teach you this in high school but I guess it either went over your head or the TX public school system failed again.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Throughout that whole thread they have said Houston is the fastest growing, in terms of raw numbers.
They, like you, are a bunch of Texans that don't realize how you measure growth. Great, so you found a bunch Texans that don't know what they're talking about either, gee that must be really hard with the internet......

Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
How thick headed are you?

You refer to a freakin BLOG ENTRY as evidence! If you actually click on the link they are referring to it proves MY POINT again, it shows the fastest growing city using PERCENTAGES. I'm thinking the person who made that entry is as clueless as you.

Did you even click on the link that blog entry is referring to?

Population Estimates for Places over 100,000: 2000 to 2006 (http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/SUB-EST2007.html - broken link)

If you did it would show you the PERCENTAGES again and not raw numbers.
Hey smart one, they have percentages AND raw numbers in that link. You are just looking at what you want to look at. Look at the entire thing.

And the person who made that entry is a lawyer in Houston. IF you think he is really clueless, you should read his posts in the thread.

Quote:
Seriously, You don't know what the hell you're talking about and you are to freakin stubborn and thick headed to realize it, which sounds about right for a Texan. Go get an education first before you pretend to speak like you have a damn clue what the hell you're talking about. They are suppose to teach you this in high school but I guess it either went over your head or the TX public school system failed again.
Awwww, did I make you mad?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,199,053 times
Quote:
I'm just giving an example, so I used cities. I could pull the state news reports from last year if you want them that bad.

Please post one link that says that Texas is the fastest growing state. NOT in raw population because that is NOT the number used to determine the growth rate.

Quote:
I guess you didn't even read the title.
It is a title to a forum thread started by a used named "Red Scare". If I posted a thread here on C-D titled "Maine fastest growing state" then stated in the thread that Maine grows Blueberries faster than other regions would it make the Title of the thread truthful. No, and neither does the title to the forum thread you linked to.

Quote:
Again, you didn't even read the title. Throughout that whole thread they have said Houston is the fastest growing, in terms of raw numbers.
I read the title, like I said above, it is a title to a thread on a public forum. NOT a hard factual statement that is then backed up by numbers and rankings from studies and respected sources.

Raw numbers yes, Percentage of population to determine growth rates, no. Again PLEASE post a link to a reputable source that has Texas as having the fastest population growth rate.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:27 PM

27 posts, read 55,718 times
Default Now you hurt some Texans feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgusano View Post
with that map.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Hey smart one, they have percentages AND raw numbers in that link. You are just looking at what you want to look at. Look at the entire thing.

And the person who made that entry is a lawyer in Houston. IF you think he is really clueless, you should read his posts in the thread.
And the RAW #'s they list is the PERCENTAGE of the population it grew by.

And did you notice how Houston is #66 fastest growing city despite have the largest raw number of people moving to it of any city ranked above it?????????? That is because growth, especially when talking about fastest growth, is measure by percentage.

You keep proving us right but are to dumb to realize it.

Quote:
Awwww, did I make you mad?
It's just incredibly frustrating explaining the same thing over and over and you don't get it yet! You're wrong, others have told you're wrong, so just accept the FACT that you are wrong and get over it. Teenagers can be so damn stubborn and annoying at the same time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or