U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is TX the best state of USA ?
YES 57 28.36%
NO 144 71.64%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 PM

763 posts, read 2,040,893 times

Advertisements

Alaska's still bigger!

Know what would happen if we split Alaska in half? Texas would become the third largest state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM

12,084 posts, read 34,199,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi713 View Post
What's really the difference? You measure both basically the same way, with raw numbers and growth rates. I can give a list of states by growth rate and raw numbers. You keep thinking the only way to measure growth is by growth rate. Raw numbers are a factor, too. I mean, if Texas grows by about 500,000 every year for ten years, its growth rate will drop as time goes on, but the place is still growing at a good clip.
No, I know there is more than one way to measure growth of a state or city. I also know that the way that is used to determine the fastest growth rate is by using the percentage figures. You seem to be the one who is stuck on one method of measurement. I thought it was past your bedtime by the way.

I think the best solution to this madness is liberal usage of the ignore feature C-D has so kindly put in place for us so we don't have to read the rantings of lunatics. Welcome to my ignore list Kofi.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:15 PM

415 posts, read 391,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
No, I know there is more than one way to measure growth of a state or city. I also know that the way that is used to determine the fastest growth rate is by using the percentage figures. You seem to be the one who is stuck on one method of measurement. I thought it was past your bedtime by the way.

I think the best solution to this madness is liberal usage of the ignore feature C-D has so kindly put in place for us so we don't have to read the rantings of lunatics. Welcome to my ignore list Kofi.
Oh wow. I understand putting trolls and things on ignore, and people who don't know how to type or post, but putting me on ignore because are respectfully disagree with you? I mean, it's not like I'm insulting you. But okay. Welcome to mine, too.

Can't take the heat son, so you put me on ignore!

(and it was a joke)

Old 07-12-2008, 07:32 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,461,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
If there is one conclusive, unequivocal thing you can learn from city-data, it's that Texans by far are the most obsessed over population growth stats.
Um, no. You have learned that Kofi713 is obsessed over population growth stats, along with many other non-Texan posters on this forum. There are plenty of Texans who do not post in this forum at all and/or stay out of such conversations (like yours truly), as they are largely a pissing contest. What I've learned from C-D is how much some posters like to stereotype all Texans based on their dealings with a few.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:38 AM

1,573 posts, read 5,656,659 times
Texas is not my idea of the best state in the US. But I have to hand it to Texas...it is populated by millions of people who think it is!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 AM

351 posts, read 261,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Texas is not my idea of the best state in the US. But I have to hand it to Texas...it is populated by millions of people who think it is!!!
Your comment is almost right...We don't think it is the best...We KNOW it is the Best! Don't Mess With Texas!! of course if you are thinking of moving to Austin Texas it is flat, it floods, it has flying cockroaches, we have more tornados in Texas than anywhere else, it is full of rednecks and bubbas, yes we all ride horses to school, our homes still have dirt floors. Move to Dallas, Houston or San Antonio stay of the Austin roads they are bad enough.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,959,529 times
To someone who has never lived in Tx, my answer is no. But then to Tx natives, it's probably yes.
Again, all depends on who you ask. This poll could go on forever.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:53 AM

343 posts, read 847,063 times
Once again I'd like to go on record and Say that this thread has been tainted by the fact that it started in a TEXAS forum and was moved to general US because of it's subject matter. That explains the disproportionate support for TX as the best state.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:24 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,458,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofi713 View Post
From 2006-2007, Houston was the fastest.
So i'm just curious Kofi, so according to those stats would you consider NYC the fastest growing city in America from 2000 - 2007 then?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM

415 posts, read 391,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So i'm just curious Kofi, so according to those stats would you consider NYC the fastest growing city in America from 2000 - 2007 then?
It certainly gained the most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or