U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wal-Mart or Target?
Target 90 67.67%
Wal-Mart 25 18.80%
Neither, I hate corporate America! 18 13.53%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 AM

3,261 posts, read 7,833,872 times

Advertisements

in dallas walmart is almost everywere. the walmart i go to is packed,target built a store across the street they opened last year. the prices in target are so high! target didn't really take any customers at all, more people are going in walmart than ever.it is so packed they had to tare it down and build a bigger walmart. walmart might close the metro store chain minyards food store and safeways' tom thumb. now albertson closed almost all there stores in dallas-fort worth metroplex. in the 80s safeway closed all there stores and made tom thumb.now kroger is everywhere you go! the walmart i go to is taking so much customers the mall down the street is going to close because the anchors are closing fast dillards,j.c.penny and they said macy's is closing too.the only thing left is sears and burlington coat factory, walmart is going to destroy the small store cains!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM

3,825 posts, read 8,839,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
in dallas walmart is almost everywere. the walmart i go to is packed,target built a store across the street they opened last year. the prices in target are so high! target didn't really take any customers at all, more people are going in walmart than ever.it is so packed they had to tare it down and build a bigger walmart. walmart might close the metro store chain minyards food store and safeways' tom thumb. now albertson closed almost all there stores in dallas-fort worth metroplex. in the 80s safeway closed all there stores and made tom thumb.now kroger is everywhere you go! the walmart i go to is taking so much customers the mall down the street is going to close because the anchors are closing fast dillards,j.c.penny and they said macy's is closing too.the only thing left is sears and burlington coat factory, walmart is going to destroy the small store cains!
Well, as long as people keep buying from Wal-Mart, they'll keep building. Cities and towns have to fight to keep them out. Wal-Mart shopping is the most sterile and depressing (for me) shopping experience.
The place is essentially a warehouse, cheaply built and cheaply lighted, with cheap fixtures for the merchandise everywhere. The workers are low-paid, under-motivated, and the entire environment lacks personality, originality, and experience that would-be shoppers could get elsewhere. For me, it's much more than just "the cheapest price." Why not buy stuff at a yard sale, rather than Wal-Mart? That's cheaper I bet...

Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,304,082 times
I love WalMart - shop there every chance I get

Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM

18,708 posts, read 19,657,699 times
Anybody hazard a guess on what industry put more Mom N Pop stores out of business than Wal-Mart?

Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,491,048 times
I dont know if yall have noticed but when you call Wal-Mart they answer the phone, "thank you for calling wal-mart helping people save money and live better" that is their new slogan, its even in the commercials now.

anyways they dont have the slogan "low prices every day cause they dont offer that anymore, so is Wal-Mart really the best deal still?
I noticed a long time ago that their prices were just as high as other places so I just stopped shopping there for less hectic places.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:29 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,491,048 times
Wal-Mart has alot of punks always hanging around and alot of crime,
just one store in Albuquerque had over 800 calls to the police last year.
There was just a story in the paper today where they are placing officers at the doors of a Wal-Mart in a suburb of Albuquerque cause of so many calls a day to the store.

My friend who works at a different wal-mart told me that someone went in and stole $2,000 out of a register a few weeks ago, someone got their vehicle stolen from the parking lot last week, an employee got stabbed by a thief, every wal-mart in the city has been robbed at gunpoint but hers.

I used to work there a few years ago in another town in New Mexico and we had a few domestic violence incidents there,a couple stabbings,a police officer killed a man in the parking lot,a few purse snatchings and an armed robbery.

a few other stores in NM have had shootings in their stores.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,727,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Wal-Mart has alot of punks always hanging around and alot of crime,
just one store in Albuquerque had over 800 calls to the police last year.
There was just a story in the paper today where they are placing officers at the doors of a Wal-Mart in a suburb of Albuquerque cause of so many calls a day to the store.

My friend who works at a different wal-mart told me that someone went in and stole $2,000 out of a register a few weeks ago, someone got their vehicle stolen from the parking lot last week, an employee got stabbed by a thief, every wal-mart in the city has been robbed at gunpoint but hers.

I used to work there a few years ago in another town in New Mexico and we had a few domestic violence incidents there,a couple stabbings,a police officer killed a man in the parking lot,a few purse snatchings and an armed robbery.

a few other stores in NM have had shootings in their stores.
And they say Detroit is bad...................

Old 07-15-2008, 10:40 PM

3,436 posts, read 6,005,112 times
Wal★Mart has everything i need! yay WAL★MART!!

★★★★★ -Wal★Mart
★★★ -Target

Old 07-16-2008, 07:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 7,833,872 times
walmart's new logo

Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM

3,825 posts, read 8,839,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
walmart's new logo
Have any of you guys seen "Wall-E?" Wal-Mart is the franchise I think of in the movie...so, so true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.