U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:45 PM

29,910 posts, read 8,611,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I found this:

http://www.americanpyro.com/pdf/2008...work%20Map.pdf

It does a good job of showing if and what levels of fireworks are allowed.
there is one error on that map....fireworks are illegal in Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,394,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
there is one error on that map....fireworks are illegal in Georgia.
This article talks about smaller fireworks becoming legal in Georgia last year. It probably is enough by the standards for "legal fireworks."

Fireworks Are Finally Legal in Georgia; Could Put Dent in South Carolina Sales | Breaking News, Weather, Sports and Entertainment for Georgia and South Carolina | Local News

Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
This article talks about smaller fireworks becoming legal in Georgia last year. It probably is enough by the standards for "legal fireworks."

Fireworks Are Finally Legal in Georgia; Could Put Dent in South Carolina Sales | Breaking News, Weather, Sports and Entertainment for Georgia and South Carolina | Local News
thanks for the link I just remember having to go to Alabama or SC to buy fireworks when I lived there, but I guess I was wrong...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:09 PM

86,981 posts, read 102,527,356 times
You can get fireworks in the unicorporated areas of Colorado. You can get lots of different kinds of fireworks, just about everything short of nuclear weapons, in Wyoming.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,394,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
thanks for the link I just remember having to go to Alabama or SC to buy fireworks when I lived there, but I guess I was wrong...
You're welcome, this is recent so you might have missed it. It said that South Carolina might lose business because of this new law. I wouldn't know, I've only lived in firework condemned Illinois. It sure didn't sound like it around the 4th though.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
You're welcome, this is recent so you might have missed it. It said that South Carolina might lose business because of this new law. I wouldn't know, I've only lived in firework condemned Illinois. It sure didn't sound like it around the 4th though.
yea I moved on June 24th, so I guess if it was very recent than I missed it. We snuck in fireworks anyways, so it was no problem

Old 07-09-2008, 11:38 PM

2,369 posts, read 7,757,577 times
I lived in Alabama for several years near Auburn, not far from the Georgia state line. At the first few exits off I-85 the signs and stores include many fireworks mega-outlets where like Wyoming, you could purchase fireworks and explosive devices that could do some real harm to a person who isn't paying attention. Yet at the same time Alabama has a ban on the sale of that category of items in adult "entertainment" stores called sex toys. So one kind of fireworks are allowed and another kind of "fireworks" are prohibited.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:19 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,057,804 times
I think all types of fireworks are available for purchase in Louisiana, but I think you have to be 18 to buy them. Many towns have laws saying that you have to pop them outside of the city limits, but I don't think these laws are strictly enforced. You might get a little fine or something minor like that. I don't know anybody who has ever gotten in much trouble for setting them off inside their city limits.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 AM

2,116 posts, read 4,200,133 times
new hampshire

Old 07-10-2008, 04:24 AM

12,084 posts, read 34,145,269 times
Quote:
Wisconsin and Michigan allow fireworks.
Michigan only allows fireworks that spark. Any firework that flies or has a report is illegal in the state. Has been the same for the last 35 or 40 years I can remember.

Quote:
LEGAL FIREWORKS (No permit required):

Flat paper caps - containing not more than .25 of a grain of explosive content per cap.

Toy noise makers - toy pistols, toy cannons, toy canes, toy trick noise makers, and toy guns in which paper caps are used.

Sparklers - containing no more than .0125 pounds of burning portion per sparkler.

Flitter sparklers - in paper tubes not exceeding 1/8 inch in diameter.

Cone and cylinder fountains - emits showers of sparks.

Toy snakes - not containing mercury and packed no more than 12 per box.

Toy smoke devices.

Fireworks that do not fit the above exceptions are illegal for sale, use, or transportation without a permit. Violators are guilty of a misdemeanor.
from the Michigan Attorney General's website. http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-164-34739_20942-44662--,00.html (broken link)

Last edited by Bydand; 07-10-2008 at 04:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or