Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you respect los angeles
yes: i respect los angeles 35 45.45%
no: i don't give a **** about L.A. 33 42.86%
Or: I think it has munch potenial before it earns my respect 9 11.69%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM

55 posts, read 79,648 times

Advertisements

I i am tired of people talking down about los angeles Okay I love this city

yeah it has its up and downs with the riots and the spawning of gangs

but this city has changed Dynamicaly and I want to show that to you.

The population has icreased severly over the past years and its not

because of ilegal immagrants its all americans baby more and more people

have been moving to L.A. and its wounderful. CIATATION needed

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html]Top 50 Cities in the U.S. by Population and Rank — Infoplease.com[/url]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

L.A. has improved in many ways and has been seen in many movies have

you seen HANCOCK yep filmed in L.A. Get smart well some parts filmed in

los angeles but yeah even iron man who lived in malibu and for a short

time showed downtown L.A. when he was test flying any way what i am

trinying to say is if los angeles is so ugly then why do so many peopole

live and why does it contiune to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
What grade are you in? Seriously, LA is a remarkable place. Everytime I go there, I have a blast.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
It's a city people love to hate. It's a city that isn't easy to love and you really kind have to know it to appreciate it. It's not an easy city to live in and has many problems but it also has a lot to offer but not everyone appreciates what it has to offer. And the whole Hollywood thing creates a huge backlash.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Heres my tribute to los angeles

skyline as of 2008

Old 07-10-2008, 02:13 PM

I love L.A.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/PB050006.JPG (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/WaltDisneyConcertHall.jpeg (broken link)

Old 07-10-2008, 02:54 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Now I respect it more because it was in movies.....thank you for helping me understand....

Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
TYGA,

I think people don't respect LA because it does not fit their bill of what a city should be. LA is car oriented and spread out. Where most cities are compact. LA has sunshine all year round, so in images it looks like a vacation destination instead of a major metropolis. Eastern cities look dark and dreary in the winter. LA did not have any subways until recently. People have a hard time decifering where LA begins and ends. They don't know if they are in the city or the burbs. LA doesn't have the expansive stretch of skyscrapers either. I personally think LA is a unique place!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
There are 2 main reason (I think) L.A. isn't exactly the most beloved city in America. It all has to do with perception.... of course.

Reason 1: The "We have everything and you don't" side.
Examples: The O.C., Beverly Hills, L.A. Lakers, The Hills, and Hollywood.

Certain people will take that as L.A. looking down on everyone else because their town isn't as famous and glamour filled as L.A.

Reason 2: The "Worst city in the world" side.
Examples: The rise of gangs, smog, traffic problems, earthquakes, expensive living.

Some look at L.A. as one of the worst cities anyone could live in, because of certain issues the city has. Of course, every city has its problems, but it seems like problems in L.A. (New York, Chicago, and Houston as well) are magnified to a higer level.

Me, personally, I do respect Los Angeles.... but it's just not my kind of town.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Now I respect it more because it was in movies.....thank you for helping me understand....
look dont mock me i just wanted to know whats everyones problem because everybody always down this city

Old 07-10-2008, 04:32 PM

187 posts, read 524,069 times
It's "tinsel town" and all that implies. Fake, superficial, shallow, uncultured, money, money, me, me, me, etc. Of course these are stereotypes, but with a rep. like that what do you expect. I'm from the Midwest and I've found these stereotypes to be true to some extent, but so is every stereotype. It's hateration, which we in Chi have to deal with on a regular basis. My attitude is f'em.

Love the skin your in, and the city too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.