U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:17 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,947 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

What about St. Louis? They have two of the best med schools in the country and feature several incredible hospitals (Barnes Jewish, Children's, etc.). They certainly belong in the conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
 
976 posts, read 1,879,290 times
Reputation: 606
^very true. there seems to be an anti-st. louis bias on this forum for some reason. i am a med student at washington university in st. louis, which ranks #3 in the country. washington university medical center, which includes barnes-jewish hospital, is absolutely, positively one of the best in the world in just about every category and discipline, ranking above many of the institutions mentioned in this thread. it is unequivocally the best research medical school outside of the northeastern united states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
 
21,188 posts, read 30,359,201 times
Reputation: 19627
One more vote for either Boston or Durham/Chapel Hill. Both have a high standard of living and prestigious hospitals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Denver
6,628 posts, read 12,505,595 times
Reputation: 4054
Quote:
Originally Posted by slengel View Post
^very true. there seems to be an anti-st. louis bias on this forum for some reason. i am a med student at washington university in st. louis, which ranks #3 in the country. washington university medical center, which includes barnes-jewish hospital, is absolutely, positively one of the best in the world in just about every category and discipline, ranking above many of the institutions mentioned in this thread. it is unequivocally the best research medical school outside of the northeastern united states.
I wouldn't say the forum is anti-St. Louis...I think it's just a city that simply flies under the radar. I think Baltimore is very similar in this sense. Both are cities which thrived in earlier times in the country, then fell on hard times. They both have hideous crime but also have beautifully preserved historic architecture...even the slums are sometimes home to once-beautiful structures.

Despite the troubles of these cities, they both kept top notch medical institutions in Washington University and Johns Hopkins...hope the best for both of these cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
1,372 posts, read 2,793,448 times
Reputation: 839
Default Cleveland is a logical choice for healthcare careers

Cleveland would be an excellent destination for a career in healthcare.
Two of the most renowned and recognized hospital organizations are located here ...

Cleveland Clinic Foundation




University Hospitals of Cleveland






Add to this ... fantastic arts, culture, amenities and an affordable cost of living in a city that is beginning another "renaissance".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 PM
 
1,694 posts, read 5,076,118 times
Reputation: 691
Cleveland,Boston,Houston are probably the 3 best in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Denver
6,628 posts, read 12,505,595 times
Reputation: 4054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
Cleveland,Boston,Houston are probably the 3 best in the country.
Hard to leave out Baltimore, Minneapolis or Philadelphia from that list.

Not to mention NYC and San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Denver
6,628 posts, read 12,505,595 times
Reputation: 4054
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
Cleveland would be an excellent destination for a career in healthcare.
Two of the most renowned and recognized hospital organizations are located here ...

Cleveland Clinic Foundation




University Hospitals of Cleveland






Add to this ... fantastic arts, culture, amenities and an affordable cost of living in a city that is beginning another "renaissance".
Do you work for the Cleveland Board of Tourism? haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
 
1,694 posts, read 5,076,118 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Hard to leave out Baltimore, Minneapolis or Philadelphia from that list.

Not to mention NYC and San Francisco.
Definitely,just think medicine plays a bigger part in the other 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
1,372 posts, read 2,793,448 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Do you work for the Cleveland Board of Tourism? haha
Nope, I used to be employed with the tourism bureau tho ... I just recognize that Cleveland has such fantastic attributes and amenities that are secondary to none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top