U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:41 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,952,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I would go with North Carolina as well. NC has some excellent school systems and your not to far from the mountains either! North Carolina in my eyes looks a whole lot cheaper than California. As others have said Illegal Immagration is huge in California.

Illegal immigration is HUGE outside of CA too. In fact, it is pretty bad in NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
and illegal immigration affects your daily life how?

why not just say "theres alot of hispanics there" which is what you intended on saying anyways

freakin racist hicks THIS COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON IMMIGRANTS

i sure as hell dont wake up in the morning before work and say "wow its gonna be a tough day to get through with all these illegal immigrants here"
I don't believe this is the correct forum but I will say this: they effect our lives daily. How much is your health insurance these days? Mine is through the roof and why? Because of illegals, not immigrants. Yes, our country was built on immigrants, NOT ILLEGALS.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 AM

304 posts, read 828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I don't believe this is the correct forum but I will say this: they effect our lives daily. How much is your health insurance these days? Mine is through the roof and why? Because of illegals, not immigrants. Yes, our country was built on immigrants, NOT ILLEGALS.
how do you correlate that

Old 07-12-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
how do you correlate that

It's a known fact. Illegals, with no insurance, flood the er's. Who is paying for it? That's all I'll say about the subject because there is a forum for it.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM

304 posts, read 828,936 times
Quote:
It's a known fact. Illegals, with no insurance, flood the er's. Who is paying for it? That's all I'll say about the subject because there is a forum for it.
flood

good way to dehumanize people

we are all "illegal" in some way...wasnt america the native americans land?

so i guess its alright for our forefathers hundreds of years ago to come here and take over an entire country right?

and wasnt california part of mexico way back when? thought so....

Old 07-12-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
flood

good way to dehumanize people

we are all "illegal" in some way...wasnt america the native americans land?

so i guess its alright for our forefathers hundreds of years ago to come here and take over an entire country right?

and wasnt california part of mexico way back when? thought so....

I can't comment on the subject anymore. But as for Ca being part of Mexico way back? Who cares? It's the USA.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM

4,229 posts, read 15,409,235 times
Quote:
I can't comment on the subject anymore. But as for Ca being part of Mexico way back? Who cares? It's the USA.

Very true! Why does Mexico still think California belongs to them? Get over it, there is far more things to worry about than who is supposed to own which state. Mexico envies the U.S. anyways. I never hear of hundeds or thousands of americans sneaking over the border into Mexico everyday. Hmmm wonder why?

As someone else said it does affect the cost of so many things in our daily lives. They were saying there is about 12 million illegals in our country right now. Imagine how many of them drive. I'm sure that if they weren't driving here we would see gas at least 10-50 cents cheaper because there wouldn't be such a demand.

Idk what else to say. Sorry to get off topic here.

I would still choose North Carolina over California.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,571,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
California = high taxes/gas/electricity, illegal immigrants, and gangs
Ya, they all speakin Mexerkin, too!

Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM

15,467 posts, read 25,413,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
California = high taxes/gas/electricity, illegal immigrants, and gangs

NC = lower taxes/ gas/ electricity, lower cost of living
mmmm, apparently all those illegal immigrants and gangs somehow make San Jose a MUCH SAFER place to live than Charlotte.

Please don't believe all the stupid stereotypes the uniformed and ignorant make about CA.

San Jose is WAYYYY SAFER than Charlotte, NC. Charlotte's crime rate is well over DOUBLE and almost TRIPLE that of San Jose's. SJ's City-Data crime index is around 260 while Charlotte's is around 690. San Jose is one of the safest big cities in America, so you might want to think about that too.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:23 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,407,118 times
Hmmmm. CA or NC?

NC. Your dollar goes a lot further there and its just as beautiful, but you dont have to deal with 35 million people, 1/2 of whom arent even legal. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or