U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 07:12 AM

37 posts, read 98,331 times

Advertisements

what do you think of sex offender laws in your State do you think thay are a good thing?
Do you think thay need to change thim? why?
Do you think thay need more laws for sex offenders in your state?

OR WHAT DO YOU THINK OFF SEX OFFENDERS?
Please leave a comment AND WHAT STATE YOU ARE FROM THANKS

Old 07-12-2008, 07:29 AM

12,084 posts, read 34,173,373 times
Kind of obsessed with sex offender laws and opinion aren't we?

Personally I think public hanging would be a fitting punishment. Child Molesters would have to spend a couple of hours handcuffed to a floor ring in a small room with the parents or guardians of the child if requested, no questions asked. If still alive after time is up, drug down main street until dead.

No I don't think laws are tough enough on sex offenders. At the very least castration if male would be fitting.

Any more questions?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:07 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,691,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Kind of obsessed with sex offender laws and opinion aren't we?

Personally I think public hanging would be a fitting punishment. Child Molesters would have to spend a couple of hours handcuffed to a floor ring in a small room with the parents or guardians of the child if requested, no questions asked. If still alive after time is up, drug down main street until dead.

No I don't think laws are tough enough on sex offenders. At the very least castration if male would be fitting.

Any more questions?
Laws aren't tough enough. I mean these guys are taken in for about a year or 2 (even less!) and put right back out on the streets to only strike agian.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:47 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,957,210 times
I agree with the above posters

Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 12,008 times
Unfortunately, All these laws across the country are not RESEARCH based. They are knee jerk, emotional based laws that do "More harm than good.

The laws actually endanger children and society and are founded upon myths and lies for the main purpose of votes and ratings by the politicians and news media.

You would think that the law makers would want to actually prevent and protect, but that requires RESEARCH. The research that law makers are WILLFULLY ignorant of.

But that's politics for you. Votes mean more than protecting and preventing.

Ten Myths About Sex Offenders Ten Myths About Sex Offenders - CFC Guest Forum - Citizens for Legislative Change-Oklahoma

Old 11-02-2010, 08:55 AM

9,188 posts, read 30,240,266 times
Please see the room sticky for what is and what is not on topic for this room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.