Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How are the drivers in your area?
All sane and defensive and happy 5 10.64%
Stretching the laws at times but still safe 17 36.17%
Totally psycho - zipping in and out like bullets 18 38.30%
Suicidal - asleep most of the time 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,847 times

Advertisements

In Maryland, drivers are just plain careless, especially for pedestrian life. And it's odd how drivers from the state north and south of Maryland has some of the most calmest and considerate drivers I've seen.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 07-15-2008 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Psycho AND suicidal. People here cant drive for di*k, especially the tards on cell phones, those in luxury cars, and women talking/applying makeup. Some days I wish I drove an M1A1 Abrams to work, Id love to squash a few of those idiots into oblivion.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Philadelphia's drivers are psycho. Running red lights is considered a sport. You can't leave more than a half car length between you and the psycho in front of you, because another psycho will cut you off.

Cincinnati's drivers are cautious to a fault. They'll cheerfully back up traffic behind them to let another driver turn left from the right lane. No one apparently has ever heard of the concept of going around the block when you've missed your turn.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:47 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
I love the drivers in San Diego b/c they drive fast and have the skill to do so w/o being crazy. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and CAN'T STAND the drivers up there anymore, I get so damn frustrated every time I drive up there. Even some of my friends up there note how SoCal drivers are better than Bay Area drivers. In the Bay Area there is no concept of a fast lane and people can't comprehend that sign that says "slower traffic keep right". In SD the fast lane is exactly that and usually moves at least 80 mph or more and people more times than not will get out of the way and let you pass. There will be a long line of cars traveling less than one car length apart all doing 85mph and it works, people here know how to drive.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM

92 posts, read 298,493 times
A few rules that would prevent road rage on the highways.

Keep right except to pass.

Again, I don't care if you are doing 110 in the left lane. Keep right except to pass.

When you buy a car make sure you get the optional signal light accessory.

When two lanes merge into one in a construction zone, go as far as you can before merging and everyone must let one person in, but no more than one.

Don't take your time passing another vehicle on the highway when you know the person behind you is waiting to pass, especially when you gun it just after you change lanes to let the other person pass.

When on an on-ramp going onto a highway don't cross all three lanes just to get into the left lane without letting the cars in front of you get into the lane they chose.

This last one is for those of us who know how to speed properly on the highway to everyone else it won't make any sense.
-If you have to touch your brake (even for a brief second) when approaching another car in the left lane when you are speeding, you need more practice driving before you can go that fast on any highway.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM

762 posts, read 1,596,206 times
Illinois drivers win

they drive like they are on crack

to anybody who hasnt seen an Illinois license plate you do not know
what a bad driver is they should be banned

if you never drove and dont know how to drive
just get your license in Illinois it will be easy
they will say turn the car on
ok
heres your license

Old 07-16-2008, 03:46 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Well I can say that this area is really good about using turn signals. Seems like everybody knows how to use them.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
I said streching the laws but safe but now that I've seen what everyone considers psycho I guess Boston drivers are psycho. Certainly agressive and fast but I'd still rather that than slow and stupid.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
it depends on who you talk to, most natives will say its gotten worse over the years, while newcomers will say it's easy compared to where they came from. I'd say that one of my biggest pet peeeves are the groups of bicyclists that travel the busy roads, DURING RUSH HOUR!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:18 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
New Mexico here. Not that many people, and no complaints about the driving, at least on the highways. I haven't seen a traffic jam in 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.