U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM

368 posts, read 802,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
Sorry when i posted that above i was in a hurry, a little about me, My fiance' is incarcerrated at a Washington State Prison, and so washington has the 3 strike law, so after he gets out we will have to move to the states that don't have 3 strike laws
which leaves about 12 states left.

Not to be a jerk, but I think YOU have a bigger decision to make than what state to move to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 PM

89 posts, read 268,917 times
no not really actually, you must have never had a family member in prison. Once again people judging other people before getting to know them.
seeing how i have known this man for over 15 years, don't tell me that i need to make a decision of staying with him, if i would have never told you that he was incarcerrated you would have never judged me, but since i said that my fiance is in prison-oh man he is such a baddddddddddd guy!!! and that must make me stupid for staying with him-hahaahahahahha that's funny

Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,572,134 times
I have never understood the thing where women like the "bad boys." Could somebody explain it please.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM

2,024 posts, read 3,773,844 times
Quote:
no not really actually, you must have never had a family member in prison. Once again people judging other people before getting to know them.
seeing how i have known this man for over 15 years, don't tell me that i need to make a decision of staying with him, if i would have never told you that he was incarcerrated you would have never judged me, but since i said that my fiance is in prison-oh man he is such a baddddddddddd guy!!! and that must make me stupid for staying with him-hahaahahahahha that's funny
My dad's two brothers and a few of his nephews have been in prison, my mom's brother has been to prison, and some more distant relatives of mine have been to prison. People are really judgmental but my parents are both extremely upstanding, law abiding citizens. Some people just make mistakes, that doesn't make them bad people at all. I'm going to try to think of a few cities and then get back to you. Can you reply with an updated list of the states you are considering and the different restrictions you have in terms of size of the city, weather, etc.?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 PM

thank you tangodoodles yes most of the people are wonderful people, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am thinking maybe Missouri, Oregon is still to close unless it was southern oregon, I like the four seasons throughout the year. Maybe South Dakota, and possibly Arizona again

InLondon- not every criminal is a bad person, why do I love mine well i really don't think i need to explain myself.... but He is a great Father, a wonderful fiance', a great provider, a Christian man, a impeccable body man, a breathtaking floor installer!
and shows me all the love and respect i need! Is that a good enough reason?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:29 PM

3,667 posts, read 8,768,305 times
Quote:
thank you tangodoodles yes most of the people are wonderful people, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am thinking maybe Missouri, Oregon is still to close unless it was southern oregon, I like the four seasons throughout the year. Maybe South Dakota, and possibly Arizona again

InLondon- not every criminal is a bad person, why do I love mine well i really don't think i need to explain myself.... but He is a great Father, a wonderful fiance', a great provider, a Christian man, a impeccable body man, a breathtaking floor installer!
and shows me all the love and respect i need! Is that a good enough reason?
My vote goes to Arizona. I lived in Tucson for almost 8 years and would love to move back. We are actually thinking of retiring in Sedona. What a wonderful state AZ is...beautiful.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:40 PM

I know Arizona is gorgeous! I am trying to talk him into moving there, he doesn't really like hot weather, b/c the hottest it gets in our town is 90 and that's perfect for me!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 PM

1,573 posts, read 5,649,113 times
What concerns me is that you are basing your decision to move primarily on what states do not have "three strikes" laws. This suggests to me that your "fiance" is not rehabilitated or intending to live a law abiding life once he is released from custody. If he has given up the criminal life and does not intend to commit another felony (people do not "accidentally" commit felonies), you should feel free to live in any of the 50 states. If (as it sounds), however, he is contemplating a criminal relapse, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay away from the "kid friendly" communities you seem to seek.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM

105 posts, read 441,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
I have never understood the thing where women like the "bad boys." Could somebody explain it please.
There insane.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Goozer~ thank you for your advice, b/c of his crime and b/c of the stipulations any kind of wrong look or saying he hates someone can be taken as a insult which then if they wanted to call the police in washington state according to his stipulations that is automatic 25-life, now would you take the chance of staying in Washington state with our lovely laws or move to a different state and start fresh? You can live a law abiding life all you want in Washington State but once again if he or another criminal and yes i have seen it happen, if he "happens to be in the wrong neighborhood and there is a crime there", and if he is present they will automatically assume he is guilty and there we are spending the rest of our life in prison. Don't question that statement b/c it happens more than you think!
What's wrong with moving our children to a kid friendly town????? We have children together are you saying he isn't a good father figure to be around them????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or