U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 34,662,250 times
Reputation: 9016

Advertisements

ahhhh I thanks GOD that Nevada has a 3 strike law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 PM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 626,737 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ahhhh I thanks GOD that Nevada has a 3 strike law.
I am one for a two strike law myself. Of course I believe in death for child molesters, so I think a bit differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
 
89 posts, read 269,048 times
Reputation: 26
Radio- I am there with you on a certain degree, I don't believe in Death for anyone, b/c that shouldn't be our choice but God's choice to kill someone, but i do believe in Life if you truly have committed a heinous crime, i have heard sickening SO stories what fathers do to there children. I would rethink the three strike law, I think when they thought of it they thought it was good idea, but the stipulations they put on people nowadays is rediculous, you might as well not leave your house. you don't think highly of some criminals do you?

dyimagelv- don't worry i wouldn't consider moving to Nevada even if they didn't have a three strike law, but you must think down on criminals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 626,737 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
Radio- I am there with you on a certain degree, I don't believe in Death for anyone, b/c that shouldn't be our choice but God's choice to kill someone, but i do believe in Life if you truly have committed a heinous crime, i have heard sickening SO stories what fathers do to there children. I would rethink the three strike law, I think when they thought of it they thought it was good idea, but the stipulations they put on people nowadays is rediculous, you might as well not leave your house. you don't think highly of some criminals do you?

dyimagelv- don't worry i wouldn't consider moving to Nevada even if they didn't have a three strike law, but you must think down on criminals
Nope, I have very little respect for those who willingly break the law. It is a drain on our society, and money is spent housing people who seemingly have no respect for those around them. That money could be spent on education, affordable housing and health care. Since we do have to house these lowlifes, at least ensure they are REQUIRED to receive vocational counseling, life skills training and psychological help. This way they will have not only vocational skills but life skills so they don't end up back in prison.

Child molesters and rapists are the lowest form of slime and do not deserve the slightest bit of compassion. Those who molest children deserve life in prison, solitary confinement, no light and regular beatings. Even with that, it doesn't come close to the trauma inflicted on a kid. Kids should be learning, playing and having fun and not in a shrink's office because some guy couldn't keep his hands to himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Catonsville, MD
2,358 posts, read 5,472,044 times
Reputation: 1685
Bend, Oregon is a gorgeous little city in west central Oregon just east of the Cascade Mountains. If you're into outdoor activities, this is a wonderful place to live.

An area of Arizona that isn't as hot as other places, surprisingly, is southeast Arizona. Sierra Vista is a small city in that part of Arizona. There are some other smaller towns there that we have visited and loved like Patagonia. Not sure what job opportunities would be there, though. Sierra Vista is quite a large town.

I don't know anything about Missouri, but I know Iowa is beautiful. I don't know anything much about South Dakota. Hawaii's cost of living is outrageous.

If we were in your situation, we'd probably look at Iowa first (schools are good here, I've heard, though I don't know that for sure,) then Oregon and Arizona.

Best of luck in finding a new place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
 
89 posts, read 269,048 times
Reputation: 26
Radio Clown~ I agree with what you say about rapo's & SO's luckily my man was never involved in something like that- thank goodness b/c that is just sick and wrong- JMO Luckily we won't have to worry about the halfway houses, but every crime is different as you know. And i'm sorry that you feel that way about criminals, I know that if you went onto a prison site and said that you feel that way about criminals you would get a different reaction. Just so you know mine was in a wrong place wrong time, not that it matters to you or that you care. But b/c of his choice that he made when he was younger will now follow him the rest of his life. FL is the one of the worst states for prisoners! Texas follows then California. That's probably why you aren't a social worker anymore for the "prison" You know- The criminals have families to- and it could happen to you.... would you want people to judge you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
 
89 posts, read 269,048 times
Reputation: 26
cmac~ thank you for your suggestions! I don't think we are going to move to Oregon, to close to Washington - in my opinion
but I never thought of sierra vista i will have to check that out- thank you

radio clown- If you have any more "opinions" please private message me, i don't think people need to be reading our debate on here of what you or i think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 626,737 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
Radio Clown~ I agree with what you say about rapo's & SO's luckily my man was never involved in something like that- thank goodness b/c that is just sick and wrong- JMO Luckily we won't have to worry about the halfway houses, but every crime is different as you know. And i'm sorry that you feel that way about criminals, I know that if you went onto a prison site and said that you feel that way about criminals you would get a different reaction. Just so you know mine was in a wrong place wrong time, not that it matters to you or that you care. But b/c of his choice that he made when he was younger will now follow him the rest of his life. FL is the one of the worst states for prisoners! Texas follows then California. That's probably why you aren't a social worker anymore for the "prison" You know- The criminals have families to- and it could happen to you.... would you want people to judge you?
I worked with developmentally disabled and mentally ill adults with behavior challenges and quite simply burned out. Get beaten up for a living and it happens.

Yes, criminals have families and they are the last people I have a problem with. I have a problem with the criminals themselves, their actions and their drain on society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2008, 04:55 PM
 
89 posts, read 269,048 times
Reputation: 26
I hear ya about the disabled part - my second job has to do with that profession, it is sad to see them.

I think there is more people and things that are a drain on society than criminals- JMO, we pay more for meth labs and teen pregnancy= well fare, DSHS etc... our tax dollar goes for freeways etc not just prisons. Some prisons are great they have great programs which help alot of men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top