U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 04:11 PM

89 posts, read 269,048 times

Advertisements

My fiance' in the next year will be moving out of Washington state we have lived here for 18 years or more
I have lived in Arizona and he has lived in Alaska
We are looking for a state to move to, or a small town to move to, if you are familiar with the size of Olympia, a town smaller than that.
Here are the states we can't move to
Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Colorado
Conneticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indianna
Kansas
Louisiana
Maryland
Minnesota
Missisippi
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

the other states we can move to, if you know of a state that is on that list please let me know and i will find a city in that state, you can pm me if you need to
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,514,471 times
To make it a lot easier for people to respond to you, you might want to:
1 -- make a list of the states you CAN move to, instead of making everyone do that work,
2 -- narrow down your choices: instead of entire states, choose small town, or large town, or small city, or large city; and
3 -- post a request for info in the forum for the ONE state that is at the top of your wish list, or in the "General U.S." forum.
I wish you well!

Last edited by allforcats; 07-15-2008 at 10:12 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 AM

538 posts, read 1,660,174 times
I am just so curious, are you WANTED in these states or what? Why can't you move to so many states? Strange....

Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,050,128 times
Eureka, CA?
Flagstaff, AZ?
Portland, ME?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:50 AM

5,772 posts, read 13,730,437 times
Default Another suggestion:

More details about what you'd like in a town and its surrounding area would help people narrow this down. All you've said is that there are quite a few states that are not possibilities, and that you want a town smaller than Olympia. There are a gazillion and a half towns smaller than Olympia in states you say you can move to. Surely some of these would be more to your liking than others. What are you looking for in a town, other than its population?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:33 AM

Sorry when i posted that above i was in a hurry, a little about me, My fiance' is incarcerrated at a Washington State Prison, and so washington has the 3 strike law, so after he gets out we will have to move to the states that don't have 3 strike laws
which leaves about 12 states left.
We want small kid friendly towns, good schools, a mall near by. Somewhere in the country, where he can still bow hunt and fish. I can have it near a big city that has a aiport, b/c i do have airline experience. But i also wasn't asking for a city, I will look up the states that we can move to.
I have lived in Arizona, and Flagstaff is beautiful!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:41 AM

no it's not a joke! Geesh i got a nicer response from a different website
these are the states that don't have 3 strike laws, Oregon, Arizona, South Dakota, Iowa, Hawaii, Missouri, the rest i don't want to move to

Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM

2,024 posts, read 3,775,321 times
California has a three strikes law, so you might want to add that to your list of places you can't move.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:48 AM

2,024 posts, read 3,775,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codasgirl04 View Post
Sorry when i posted that above i was in a hurry, a little about me, My fiance' is incarcerrated at a Washington State Prison, and so washington has the 3 strike law, so after he gets out we will have to move to the states that don't have 3 strike laws
which leaves about 12 states left.
We want small kid friendly towns, good schools, a mall near by. Somewhere in the country, where he can still bow hunt and fish. I can have it near a big city that has a aiport, b/c i do have airline experience. But i also wasn't asking for a city, I will look up the states that we can move to.
I have lived in Arizona, and Flagstaff is beautiful!
So what's he in for? Knowing that might also help narrow down the search.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM

tangodoodles -thank you i forgot, well actually not really i'm so used to knowing that California has one of the worst 3 strike laws, and he isn't a sex offender so no worries there, the reason for his crime, not to be rude is our business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or