U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:36 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,445,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by life112233 View Post
so...you live in the bay area,wonder how cold the water gets up there,must be artic
If there was only a way to look it up.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 10:29 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,884,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Yes, there is more life to beaches. I live on the beach here in Miami Beach, in San Diego I also lived on the beach, and while there I rarely used the beach. Here I use it a bit more, but still it's not the defining part of my life.

That being said, a lot of snow birds flee the cold for the dream of living on the beach. There Southern California can't compete with any spot in Florida. It's just the way it's. Of course Florida doesn't have mountains and outside Miami has no large cities like Los Angeles.
we actually have Palm Springs, a product of snowbirds...

And Miami cant compare to LA, sorry, Miami is more like San Diego, just smaller. City-limit wise Miami is like Long Beach, also smaller.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:31 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,601,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
And Miami cant compare to LA, sorry, Miami is more like San Diego, just smaller. City-limit wise Miami is like Long Beach, also smaller.
See here you show you don't know what you're talking about. It's ok, I'll give you a pat on the head.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
See here you show you don't know what you're talking about. It's ok, I'll give you a pat on the head.
Miami deserves a pat on the head....

399,000 population of Miami

compared to 1.3 million of San Diego, and 462 K of Long Beach... Sorry what was that?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,246,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life112233 View Post
I live in Socal,the water in new york in winter is warmer than california in summer lol its like fricking Alaska,only 2 species of fish live on the beaches of Socal.but i do enjoy the winter weather in socal,in the 70's and 80's in winter.im a fisherman,pain in the @ss during some seasons
If you were better at fishing you would find much more than two species of fish here. I have fished SoCal since I was young and the following list represents only the species I have caught personally.

Surf Zone Species:
  • Corbina
  • Yellowfin Croaker
  • Spotfin Croaker
  • Surfperch
  • California Halibut
  • Smoothhound Sharks
  • Leopard Sharks
  • Several Species of Rays

Inshore Species:
  • Calico Bass
  • Sand Bass
  • Spotted Bass
  • California Sheephead
  • Sargo
  • Sand dab
  • Thresher Shark
  • Opaleye
  • Mackerel
  • California Yellowtail
  • White Sea Bass
  • Several Species of Rockfish

Offshore Variety:
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Yellowfin Tuna
  • Dorado
  • Skipjack Tuna
  • Albacore Tuna

Honorable Mentions which I have not caught personally:
  • Sailfish
  • Giant Sea Bass or Black Sea Bass
  • Mako Shark

Old 03-23-2015, 10:38 PM

22 posts, read 19,973 times
in my fishing days ive only caught Striped Bass,Calico Bass,and some halibut at the pier,in winter some perch and crabs,thats it

water too cool for better fish,and there is a sudden warm-up in the water soon as you go pass san diego,ive caught sword fish there

Old 03-23-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Miami deserves a pat on the head....

399,000 population of Miami

compared to 1.3 million of San Diego, and 462 K of Long Beach... Sorry what was that?
I can't believe you're that naive to compare city limits since you've been on city data for so long. So I will just pat you on the head. And you clearly just demonstrated you never been to Miami. Does it cost too much to come here?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I can't believe you're that naive to compare city limits since you've been on city data for so long. So I will just pat you on the head. And you clearly just demonstrated you never been to Miami. Does it cost too much to come here?
Don't worry, do you want to compare land Area? Miami is smaller either way... smaller

do you want to compare metro areas??? Miami is blown away... twice.

you name the method of measure and watch Miami be smaller time and time again.

ive been plenty of times... your point is?

my point is that its absolutely ridiculous to compare Miami to LA in terms of "Big City"...

Old 03-23-2015, 10:45 PM

I get the impression you wish to compare metro areas.

LA- 18.1 million

Miami- 5.5 million

Old 03-23-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I get the impression you wish to compare metro areas.

LA- 18.1 million

Miami- 5.5 million

I don't want to do anything with you because honestly you're not very intelligent.

PS

The 18.1 million figure is for Urban Area not metro. Not very important but you're trying too hard so it's funny for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or