U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which US variation of pizza has the best taste
New York-style 143 50.35%
Chicago-style 92 32.39%
St. Louis-style 20 7.04%
New Haven-style 29 10.21%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM

10,238 posts, read 18,746,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Let me guess. You don't live on the coast (Midwest?) and wouldn't know a fresh properly prepared clam if it you hit in the nose?

Read the thread for the details...

Fresh clams are hard to come by in the Midwest but Chicago Italian-Americans have compensated with their famous walleye and lake perch pizzas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,187,251 times
Walleye cheeks are good stuff, especially deep-fried.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:20 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,068,525 times
Marion's Piazza -A Dayton Tradition for Over 40 Years and Dayton's #1 Pizza!

If ever in Dayton for any reason^^^

Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,950,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Walleye cheeks are good stuff, especially deep-fried.
Ok, am I the only one who thinks that pizza should NOT involve fish? Fish should be breaded and deep fried or baked but NOT put on a pizza!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Ok, am I the only one who thinks that pizza should NOT involve fish? Fish should be breaded and deep fried or baked but NOT put on a pizza!

Here in Lexington they make catfish pizza and the famous Kentucky beer cheese pizza.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM

6,488 posts, read 16,152,784 times
IMO, breading and deep frying fish is one of the worst things you can do to it. I say the same about chicken. I know in some parts of the country, saying such a thing is blasphemy.

In the midwest they may not have clams for their pizzas, but they do have Rocky Mountain oysters!!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM

187 posts, read 477,229 times
Quote:
Hmmm, let me see...You get hit smack between the eyes with some "facts" from a first generation Italian with a large family still there and all you can do is call me a snob. I'll take that as a concession. Thanks. LOL

I'm far from being a "snob". LOL Just pointing out I actually have - you know, living breathing family there and spend a considerable amount of time there with them...just like a social scientist may point out his or her credentials when speaking about a demographic issue.

Your trips via Norwegian Cruise lines don't give you that perspective.

And yes, you are clueless to every day Italian culture.

Ci sentiamo,

J
You continue to be a snobbish ass. And FYI, I did my junior year of college abroad in Rome,at Loyola University Chicago. And had my own apartment in the Center of Rome on Via Palermo, 5 minutes by foot from the Colosseum. Not to mention I've been to different parts of Italy dozens of times since. So don't think your cheap free-loading vacations, with family(probably in some god-forsaken village) make your opinion about pizza more important than mine. You are just a snobbish ass. Not too mention ignorant. How's that for social science. LOL! Only an ass like you would take my opinion about pizza and draw the connection I don't know anything about everyday Italian culture, I stand behind everything I said in my original statement. Liking one pizza from another is about taste, not about knowing, or not knowing a culture. But, that's what makes you a ignorant, snobbish, ass. The fact that you could take a benign statement about prefering the taste of American pizza over Italian pizza, and launch into a diatribe about Italian culture. You wanted to feel good about yourself for having family in Italy and thought this would be the perfect time to show me and everyone how well you know Italy. So this will be the last time I acknowledge a baffoon like you.

So, Vaf*******!, che *****! LOL! LOL!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM

187 posts, read 477,229 times
Quote:
Let me guess. You don't live on the coast (Midwest?) and wouldn't know a fresh properly prepared clam if it you hit in the nose?

Read the thread for the details...
Snobbish ass!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:41 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,950,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Here in Lexington they make catfish pizza and the famous Kentucky beer cheese pizza.
Really? What comes on the catfish pizza? I don't like beer cheese but I LOVE catfish done right.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
In the midwest they may not have clams for their pizzas, but they do have Rocky Mountain oysters!!

They ain't bad either. Once an old time boilermaker who had a farm brought a bunch out to the job and breaded and fried them up at lunch, they were kind'a like veal cutlets. Very rich though, couldn't eat more than a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.