U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which US variation of pizza has the best taste
New York-style 143 50.35%
Chicago-style 92 32.39%
St. Louis-style 20 7.04%
New Haven-style 29 10.21%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 AM
 
22 posts, read 45,316 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Again...never have heard of "New Haven" pizza. You really don't hear anyone on the west cost say they've got a craving for New Haven pizza lol
Rachel, not true! When I lived in LA people have said they were interested in trying New Haven style pizza. You just need to get out of NYC a little more! Hop on the metro north and go to Pepes. I am sure your mind will change!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2008, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,251,135 times
Reputation: 1819
Like I said earlier, I played professional hockey and played all over the country. I've tried all sorts of food (all over the country, and parts of the world). I've traveled more than most 24 year olds ever have, lol. I also played on a hockey team right outside of New Haven when I was in high school. Tried the pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
937 posts, read 676,205 times
Reputation: 177
Chicago deep dish makes me want to hurl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 PM
 
132 posts, read 294,913 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Like I said earlier, I played professional hockey and played all over the country. I've tried all sorts of food (all over the country, and parts of the world). I've traveled more than most 24 year olds ever have, lol. I also played on a hockey team right outside of New Haven when I was in high school. Tried the pizza.
Where did you try the pizza in New Haven? Sounds like you may be searching for anything to back up your point that NY has the best pizza (not surprising since you live there). You are only 24 ... you have a lot more pizza to try out there.

I am from GA and must say that pizza in New Haven is among the best tasting in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
821 posts, read 832,020 times
Reputation: 154
Its all in the water! CT has great water with a high concentration of fluride.
New York Style or New Haven won't taste good anywhere else. The dough must be made with the local tap water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,724,628 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthecorner059 View Post
Where did you try the pizza in New Haven? Sounds like you may be searching for anything to back up your point that NY has the best pizza (not surprising since you live there). You are only 24 ... you have a lot more pizza to try out there.

I am from GA and must say that pizza in New Haven is among the best tasting in the world.
You mean to tell me that age has something to do with it? I'm 17 and I've had New York, Chicago, New Haven, Californian, Hawaiin, Sicilian, Buffalo, Greek, St. Louis, grilled, tomato pie, Detroit, Old Forge, stuffed, chicken wing, grandma, white, steak, sausage, chicken primavera, chicken ceasar, you name it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 PM
 
559 posts, read 1,312,532 times
Reputation: 219
Defiantly Chicago for me. When I went to New York for a trip, I was severly disappointed with their pizza, not nearly as good as I though it would be, I could of gotten better pizza in Arizona. Maybe I didn't go to the right places but I asked the locals a couple times and they told me where to go and I went there. It was good but not great.

But man Chicago deep dish, nothing beats it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 13,251,135 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
You mean to tell me that age has something to do with it? I'm 17 and I've had New York, Chicago, New Haven, Californian, Hawaiin, Sicilian, Buffalo, Greek, St. Louis, grilled, tomato pie, Detroit, Old Forge, stuffed, chicken wing, grandma, white, steak, sausage, chicken primavera, chicken ceasar, you name it.

Exactly ...just because someone is younger, doesn't mean they haven't been around the country/world and not seen anything. I can bet I've seen much more of the world than most people my age. I traveled all over the place for hockey a lot of my life. There are celebrities who are teenagers and have seen way more than the world than most adults ever have. Who cares about age? To all the people out there...some of us have tried all kinds of pizza, from all over the place. Who cares about our age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Hville
1,526 posts, read 2,558,532 times
Reputation: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
Its all in the water! CT has great water with a high concentration of fluride.
New York Style or New Haven won't taste good anywhere else. The dough must be made with the local tap water.
Apparently Alabama has the same water . Google Joe Carlucci+ pizza, this guy finished 2nd in Italy in a pizza competition. Lucky for me he moved to Huntsville when I did. Just ate there today, its definitely a New Haven Style, but better.

Women's Pro hockey? Tell me more about this, I've never heard of it, It cannot be true. No, its not true. No way. No how. I know hockey, seems NHL, ECHL, AHL, and even a game in Switzerland - no Womens Pro hockey.

Back to pizza - I'm curious how your list compares to mine. Where in New Haven have you had pizza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2008, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Coastal Northeast
16,739 posts, read 23,184,751 times
Reputation: 5852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Exactly ...just because someone is younger, doesn't mean they haven't been around the country/world and not seen anything. I can bet I've seen much more of the world than most people my age. I traveled all over the place for hockey a lot of my life. There are celebrities who are teenagers and have seen way more than the world than most adults ever have. Who cares about age? To all the people out there...some of us have tried all kinds of pizza, from all over the place. Who cares about our age?
I agree that age has nothing to do with it. I am 24 too.

But I am curious too...where in NH did you get your pizza? I know when I would travel for lacrosse we'd order from the cheapest place possible (because we were poor college kids). There are places in every state and every city that will throw together some dough, nasty bitter sauce and lumps of cheese and call it a pizza. You could have been to every city in the world but if you only order one pizza in each place, well my training in statistics show that while your experiences cannot be challenged, your accuracy regarding where the best pizza is can. Have you been to the famed Pepe's (3 CT locations, considered world's best), or Roma, or Roselands? If not, then you haven't had "New Haven pizza." Just my thoughts.

We're all entitled to our own opinions but we should be sure we know what we're talking about before we voice those opinions!! And I think it's funny how defensive everyone is getting about their local pizza joints, myself included!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top