Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which US variation of pizza has the best taste
New York-style 143 50.35%
Chicago-style 92 32.39%
St. Louis-style 20 7.04%
New Haven-style 29 10.21%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:04 AM

187 posts, read 522,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Clam pizza sounds about as appealing as a ketchup twinkie.
It's as RIDICULOUS! BOOO!, and WRONG! BOOO!, as some of the nonsense they put on their pizzas in Cali. BOOO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:14 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,109,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
New Haven CT has the best pizza in the world, case closed. Brick oven, thin crust. Example a:

And, the white clam pizza, which might be single best delicacy served in the U.S. (not to be found anywhere else):

http://www.roadfood.com/photos/1297.jpg (broken link)

Can you say "Game, set, match"?
I can say "game, set, PUKE". Seriously, you call that pizza??? Sorry, but clam just shouldnt go on pizza. In fact, its inventor should be tried and then drawn and quartered just for thinking of that sacreligious crap! That junk in your photos could be/should be served at the namby-pamby CPK with all their other CRAP pizzas, too!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
i can say "game, set, puke". Seriously, you call that pizza??? Sorry, but clam just shouldnt go on pizza. In fact, its inventor should be tried and then drawn and quartered just for thinking of that sacreligious crap! That junk in your photos could be/should be served at the namby-pamby cpk with all their other crap pizzas, too!
word!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I'm not patronizing you. New Haven style clam pizza is pretty popular stuff
Yeah, to those born sans taste buds!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yeah, to those born sans taste buds!

Like there is a "New Haven" style anything. LOL! PLEASE!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneverywheretwice View Post
word!
lol

The more I look at the pics, the more that first pizza looks like a severely burnt $3 Wal-Mart Special pizza. If the waiter brought that out to me, he'd be wearing it, and Id be laughing alllllll the way back to Chicago.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:28 AM

444 posts, read 1,046,139 times
There is no better pizza than New york pizza. Have you ever been to a really good pizza place in Brooklyn? Tops! I have tried pizza in other states before an nothing has ever compared. Even my local pizza place a are great!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
lol

The more I look at the pics, the more that first pizza looks like a severely burnt $3 Wal-Mart Special pizza. If the waiter brought that out to me, he'd be wearing it, and Id be laughing alllllll the way back to Chicago.
You nailed it right on the head when you used the word "SACRILEGE". That's what that so-called "New Haven style" pizza really is, IT'S SACRILEGIOUS! And those pizza-makers, and pizza-lovers, would be dealt with 1920's style(taken for a little ride) here in CHI. LOL LOL

Old 07-17-2008, 11:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,918,550 times
I find it funny that Chicagoans find the need to attack New Haven style pizza...perhaps you've finally found a smaller city to pick on since you have been a wannabe NY city lap dog since the creation of this country.

Or your just jealous or clueless.

Perhaps all three.

Here is the reality. You've probably never had fresh clams dug a few hours prior, cooked properly and are thinking of fishy tasting rubber bands...that's what most people think. Not so.

Think of the most tender, juicy piece of chicken you can find with a little twist of flavor and you got it. Fresh properly prepared clams are heavenly.

This is also New England...New Haven is a shoreline city...duh. Pepe's has had more presidents and celebrities eat there than Chicago has produced and it aint because it makes people "puke".

Seriously.

When in the sometimes two hour wait for pizza at Pepe's you'll find you are standing in line with people who have driven sometimes 3-4 hours away just to get the pie. Like or hate the pizza, it's a fact. What part of that you don't get is beyond me.

As for burning the crust, I'll forgive your lack of culinary knowledge on what happens to wheat flour when mildy burnt like that...you can't replace that flavor by piling on more crap to disguise the lack of a proper crust...ala a three foot thick pizza.

In Italy (Which I am fist generation of and have family still), it's about using what's A. Local (ala clams) B. Fresh and C. Keeping it simple. All the things I don't see in your "Italian" pizza but Pepe's contains.

But what do I know...

Old 07-17-2008, 12:00 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,460,959 times
pfffft, the chicago people don't know squat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.