Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,801 times

Advertisements

i don't think the south has better food. i think the lack of refinement ecourages quantity over quality. the best chinese i had was when i went up north, couldn't find anything decent in the south, there were a lot of chinese buffets.

i went to louisiana and went to a seafood restaurant. everything tasted the same as it was all pretty much fried. filling and okay is all i could say about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Thank god New Mexico isnt a bad fat state ...and Colorado..gosh a bunch of fit people
This is quite troubling, not only for the south, but the whole country.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
i don't think the south has better food. i think the lack of refinement ecourages quantity over quality. the best chinese i had was when i went up north, couldn't find anything decent in the south, there were a lot of chinese buffets.
I don't think this is the best example you could possibly use. Chinese food? LOL!

Quote:
i went to louisiana and went to a seafood restaurant. everything tasted the same as it was all pretty much fried. filling and okay is all i could say about it.
Interesting. If you ever get the chance, check out the way the Lowcountry (coastal SC, GA) does seafood. It's awesome.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Its hard to get healthy food around here (Little Rock). All there is is fast food or bar and grills like Chili's. Thats why people are so obese.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:40 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Do you not have ANYTHING nice to say about SC or the South in general?
i have lots of good things to say about the south

i would love to live in dallas, houston or miami

however, facts are facts. look at the article the op posted

it is a FACT that the south is the fattest and most obese region

Old 04-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'd suggest staying away from mirrors.....
I am 6'2 210 pounds. I wear a 34 inch pant size.

It is called ALL MUSCLE

Old 04-19-2009, 04:46 PM

Akhenaton06,

I can see that you are posting on this forum so it is pretty safe to say that you are bashing me

The redneck location where you are currently located is reflected too much in your post for my taste

Therefore, you have been added to my ignore list

Old 04-19-2009, 05:08 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Yeah, we're all stupid and have no future in life except working on farms

Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post

I'm not sure why one would expect to find outstanding Chinese food in the south. Good vietnamese maybe...

Well as a native Louisianian I can tell you that all so-called "authentic" Louisiana seafood is most certainly not created equal. You have to be very careful if you want "authentic" Louisiana Cuisine. There are places out there that stay afloat by promising good Louisiana cooking to tourists. If they openly promise "authentic Louisiana", they are most likely bluffing. The farther you get off the beaten path the less likely it is to be imitation. There's one particularly awful place right next to Interstate 10 at the Henderson-Cecelia exit (right past Lafayette). Do not go there EVER.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:38 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its hard to get healthy food around here (Little Rock). All there is is fast food or bar and grills like Chili's. Thats why people are so obese.
insert ____ southern city outside of atl/houston/dallas/austin/charlotte/miami which I hypothesize only have it because of so much influx from other regions of the country so demand for it goes up, plus people in these cities are usually more intelligent and make more $ to their smaller/mid size counterparts and therefore make better food choices, traditional southern food is horribly bad for you.

same here, healthy food is hard to come by and the produce that you do get is inferior to the rest of the country.

there are only two, 2 star restaurants in the entire region. 150 mile radius

food in new orleans is super good also.

i always thought this was obvious, poor food choices, everybody drives everywhere..

the few times a good or healthy place does come up, it usually goes out of business in a few years b/c nobody wants to eat it.

even in the office, huge difference in what even what white collar professionals eat vs. in other areas of the country.

Last edited by grapico; 04-19-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.