U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,984,645 times

Advertisements

We should have a poll thingy on this

My vote goes to Sacramento
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 PM

2,271 posts, read 4,530,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohraa View Post
I personally would like to go to Sac, as far as diversity, quality of people, and cost of living (housing, gas, food)? I just love the natural beauty and weather of cali and it would be a dream come true... I just don't want my dream to put me allot further behind financially.

Well, then that's where you should be. Dreams vs. Finances is always a tough choice, it just depends on how hard you willing to work and how big your dream is.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,573,169 times
Sacramento has less within itself but more within the region. I like it there.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:38 PM

41 posts, read 76,799 times
Or Phoenix. Heard nothing from good things from all.

Sac
H-Town
Phoenix

Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,454,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
It spiked in 2006 I believe (Katrina happened in 2005) and has gone way down since then.
Yes, and the crime was/is mostly confined to certain areas the average Joe wouldn't venture into anyway, most notably on the southwest side of town.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:05 PM

935 posts, read 1,715,775 times
I'm a West Coast guy and a native of Sac. Though a bit surprise since Houston offers a lot more than Sac and should be winning this, but Sac is an underrated city.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 PM

1,992 posts, read 6,035,535 times
Sacramento is a pretty small town, and is the seat of a pretty rural area. Despite my many gripes with Texas, I would probably prefer to live in the more cosmopolitan Houston.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 PM

935 posts, read 1,715,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Sacramento is a pretty small town, and is the seat of a pretty rural area. Despite my many gripes with Texas, I would probably prefer to live in the more cosmopolitan Houston.

Small town?? I don't think having a metro pop. of 2.1 million be considered a small town. Yes, its a lot smaller than Houston and there is farmland west of the city and north of the city, but if Sac was in TX, it would be the third largest metro behind Houston and Dallas. I'll take living in a small town in CA over livng in a big city in TX. The fact that its TX, I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 07-18-2008, 04:08 PM

6,866 posts, read 12,811,737 times
i have no idea why these two cities would need to be compared. what do they have in common?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 PM

41 posts, read 76,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
i have no idea why these two cities would need to be compared. what do they have in common?
Well I am going to UTI and my Top choices for campuses are:

Sacramento
Rancho Cucamonga
Houston
Phoenix

Not sure where to go? I would love to go to cali, but I feel cost of living may be a bit much... but, I hear Northern cali (Sacramento) is less expensive than southern (rancho). I hear Phoenix is close to cali weather, but i don't know much else, have only heard mixed reviews. Last but not least Houston... which I have heard nothing but good things other than bugs, and humidity.

I just want to have fun while I get my education, in a very culturally diverse area, weather is important, things to do, nightlife, natural beaty a plus. just a overall good time for the next couple years of my life before I settle down.

sorry for long reply. thanks for the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or