U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:38 AM

110 posts, read 439,945 times

Advertisements

A poster in NC had a great idea and I thought that I would throw it out there for the USA in general.

He/she suggested posting pictures of your house, development, etc. I would like to expand on that to include scenery, main streets or downtown areas or any other interesting pictures that anyone may have.

As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and many times one can tell a great deal about a town or area just by looking at a picture or two. Obviously the scenery or setting is not the only thing or even the main criteria in choosing a place to live, but to many people it is one very important aspect of the process.

So everyone....let's see some shots of where you live!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 09:06 AM

5,019 posts, read 12,738,062 times
Here ya go:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...your-city.html

Old 01-22-2007, 01:39 PM

110 posts, read 439,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
GREAT!! Thank you for pointing it out.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM

30,178 posts, read 67,314,530 times
Thumbs down Pittston, PA

My hometown of Pittston, Pennsylvania may look breathtaking from an aerial perspective.

However, come back down to the Earth's surface and see just how badly urban sprawl has managed to ravage our downtown. Dropping off from a peak of 21,000 residents, the city is now home to around 7,000 souls, most of whom are impoverished, while the neighboring suburbs are teeming with strip malls and $500,000 McMansions on cul-de-sacs. Unlike Scranton, which has managed to rebound considerably in spite of NEPA's severe urban sprawl pressures, Pittston hasn't had any shred of vibrancy within its depths for the entire twenty years of my existence. I'll be joining the ranks of college-aged individuals fleeing Pittston soon for Scranton, a greener pasture in my opinion.

My suburban alma mater, Pittston Area High School, surrounded by tract housing hell, just a mile from the city line!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,863,321 times
My current neighborhood....I live right around the corner, and have for over four years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or