Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian21 View Post
I lived in anaheim for 2 years and upland/claremont for 2 years. I wish I was still out there instead of being in alabama. The weather stinks here compared to cali, don't you agree? I won't even go into the culture or lack of it.
I guess if you want perfect weather, it's not good, but I do enjoy having all the different weather patterns and seasons.
Hope you get back to Ca soon if that's what you want! Are you in Al because of a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
negative posts about their city? It's not like you actually built it? OR, when someone says that people from so and so place are ugly or rude, you take offense as if you are related to every one of them?
Just so strange to me!
Depends on what you mean. Negative posts such as reflective, well-considered posts? Or simply unfounded trashing? There's a big difference between the two.

Let me put it this way. How would you criticize somebody else's child?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:03 AM

204 posts, read 751,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Are you kidding me? It's the freakin initials of the city! Nobody is putting South Dakota down or even thinking about it when calling the city by it's own initials. Does it bother you when people call Los Angeles "LA" too b/c of Louisiana ???? man, if that gets you "angry as hell" I'd hate to see what else pisses you off.
I always put Louisiana as "LO", and call Los Angeles "LA".

Old 07-26-2008, 10:06 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
What if I call your wife ugly? It's not like you designed her or anything.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
What if I call your wife ugly? It's not like you designed her or anything.
Go ahead, I don't have a wife, I'm straight

Still, no comparison dogging on ones spouse or child to a city. Do you honestly have that strong of attachment to a place, rather than people you love? The two are totally different imo.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 PM

105 posts, read 478,036 times
Quote:
I guess if you want perfect weather, it's not good, but I do enjoy having all the different weather patterns and seasons.
Hope you get back to Ca soon if that's what you want! Are you in Al because of a job?
My family is here. With the cost of housing and the gangs and all the other stuff I've heard I'm not sure I'll ever go back.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
My family is here. With the cost of housing and the gangs and all the other stuff I've heard I'm not sure I'll ever go back.
Yeah, just go back for vacations and enjoy it. I think you're better off where you are honestly, plus, Al has beautiful beaches!

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
negative posts about their city? It's not like you actually built it? OR, when someone says that people from so and so place are ugly or rude, you take offense as if you are related to every one of them?
Just so strange to me!
I am from Houston Texas and I could care less when anyone says negative things about either one. Of course I don't like living here either All places are not for all people, I don't understand why some things are taken so personally.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,850 times
Quote:
I lived in anaheim for 2 years and upland/claremont for 2 years. I wish I was still out there instead of being in alabama. The weather stinks here compared to cali, don't you agree? I won't even go into the culture or lack of it.
HAVE YOU SEEN the movie "My Cousin Vinny?" See it you will laugh!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:11 AM

21 posts, read 74,382 times
Default Generalization

Quote:
Yeah, but how can generalizing really bother you when you know what you are like?
If you say all the people in Ga are ugly, I know it's a lie because I'm not
Well, self confidence does play a part in all of this, and you're very self confident, which is great! But generalizations lead to all sorts of other issues, such as (racism, sexism, and any other ...isms). You can't tell me that these issues don't bother you?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.