Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:21 AM

8 posts, read 83,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazmar View Post
please do not tell me you're afraid of neo-nazis. that is their whole point and you fell for it.
Uh - do you have kids? And if so, why would you risk them? And don't even bring up the topic of terrorism, because it's different. I do not fear Neo-Nazi's, I am careful of the situations I put myself AND MY FAMILY in. Things are not all black and white - forgive the pun - you'd probably be the guy saying "he asked for it" when I moved there and was assaulted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 07:28 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,843 times
Interracial couple here too.

Philadelphia
Cleveland
South New Jersey
chicago (Hyde Park)
Albany New York
Portland OR
Brattleboro Vermont
Seattle
Boston suburbs
New York and suburbs
San Diego
Montclair NJ
pheonix,
Princeton NJ
boulder
Baltimore and suburbs
tucson
Columbia MD

Annapolis MD

DC and suburbs

Northern Virginia

Charlotte

Raliegh Durham

Atlanta

Orlando

Miami

Dallas

Houston

Austin

San Antonio

Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 10,756 times
Default birmingham

I was dissapointed to see Birmingham as the worst city to live in as an interracial couple, although not surprised. I am hispanic with three children, from wht/his marriage. Now I am dating a blk male...and I personaly have never been this happy or had this kind of chemistry. But I don't know if I can handle the pressure, not for myself but my children. I just don't know if I can carry the torch. I am from fl originally so I can't understand this backwards mentality. But I also can't change it...any thoughts?

Old 07-20-2007, 11:12 PM

739 posts, read 2,186,201 times
Default western massachusetts

We're a black female/white male IR couple in western Massachusetts.

It's extremely backward and ignorant here, especially Franklin County. Some individual people are great but overall a big disappointment.

Franklin County, Mass...forget about a job & social life.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
The topic about black women being mad at black men dating outside their race, I feel that it isn't about intentionally selling out, more or less than it is about other factors. From my experience, many black females, especially during their youth, tend to go for the posers, gangsters, and "players" for love and sexual attraction. The only time when they look for a good black man is when they're done partying (as well as done w/ their sexlife). Feeling abandoned, the more intellectual black men will eventually feel forced to find feminine solace in other places (and other races). Not to say that this is how all black females are (and how all intellectual black males are either), but from my experience, I can definitely say this has proven fact in my life so far.

As for the original poster, I second on NoVA being an interracial haven (or better said, heaven) for ALL combinations, not just the ones that are accustomed by society (asian fem-white male, latina fem-black male). As for the other suggeestions, especially the list of best cities for IR couples, I'd definitely recommend all of those cities.

It isn't just the black women(not all, but many) who do this. Many women of other races who date black men often go for the "gangsta" and "player" characters whether or not they like to party. Most of the intellectual black men I have know usually don't have girlfriends until they are in their mid 20's. I am 21 and black and still single. This is my experience.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:44 PM

247 posts, read 1,115,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt85248 View Post
I'm going to jump into the fray here Now this is coming from an interracial magazine which conducted its own research so take it with a grain of salt.

10 best/worst cities for interracial couples

Best

1. San Francisco, CA
2. Seattle, WA
3. Minneappolis, Mn (sp)
4. Denver, Co
5. Phoenix, AZ
6. San Diego, CA
7. Honolulu, HI
8. New York, NY
9. Los Angeles, CA
10. Oakland, CA

Worst

1. Birmingham, AL
2. Detroit, Mi
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. Cleveland, OH
5. Atlanta, GA
6. Cincinnati, OH
7. Pittsburgh, PA
8. Jacksonville, FL
9. Memphis, TN
10. New Orleans LA

I believe the survey was done with metros of 500,000 or more. I tend to agree with all of these picks due to the diversity and culture of the best cities and the lack of diversity culture and history of the worst cities.

The thing that stands out here like a sote thumb is that all the cities on the "worst " list with the possible exception of Jacksonville, FL are majority black. What's up with that?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:55 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post

As for the original poster, I second on NoVA being an interracial haven (or better said, heaven) for ALL combinations, not just the ones that are accustomed by society (asian fem-white male, latina fem-black male). As for the other suggeestions, especially the list of best cities for IR couples, I'd definitely recommend all of those cities.

I live in DC/Northern VA and yeah theres alot of interracial couples here but I don't see many black people dating outside their race. From what I see though its mostly white guys/asian females or white females with middle eastern/hispanic men.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
It isn't just the black women(not all, but many) who do this. Many women of other races who date black men often go for the "gangsta" and "player" characters whether or not they like to party. Most of the intellectual black men I have know usually don't have girlfriends until they are in their mid 20's. I am 21 and black and still single. This is my experience.

Its probably because you haven't quite figured out that chicks (of all races) yearn for a mighty "intellectual" like you but don't want no nerdboy. Sure, they want someone with a brain but they also want someone who will bend them over and spank them evry once in awhile. LOL

Old 11-18-2007, 05:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Here in Arizona the dating pool for Black-Black only couples is weak------either one dates outside of the 'race' or runs a strong risk of being alone.

As for the 'Hispanic' thing: that is also affected by skin color; the dark skinned ones tend to run with similar Latino/American Indians whereas the White Hispanics, especially those with blue/green eyes tend towards light skinned Anglos.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,166,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I'm 28 (also a black male) and still single too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.