U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 01:58 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,280,961 times

Advertisements

i was thinking of this in the car today. "they say that Saturday is a Weekend Day" but how does Saturday really count as a day off when you have to wake up, make breakfast,dishes,tend to the children, clean house,do laundry,make lunch,dishes,put laundry up,tend to children,make dinner,dishes,bathtime,storytime, and last but not least bed.

does anyone feel that Saturday isnt a day off?

and to amend my list of things done today we also had to drive around for 6 hours

when i say-tend to the children- i dont mean it in a bad way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 05:47 PM

5,728 posts, read 9,094,871 times
I'm not a house husband but I work seven days a week at my job. No such thing as a day off right now and probably not in the foreseeable future.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM

11,177 posts, read 22,388,331 times
Saturday IS the day off. Best day of the whole week.

Go out Friday night and unwind from the weekend and just unleash, have fun.

Wake up LATE for the first time after 5 days of working. Waking up at 11am after doing it at 7am every other day of the week is VERY welcome.

Clean up the place, eat breakfast, watch TV, relax for a few hours

Go out and finally enjoy the daylight hours of the afternoon outside with friends and family. Have drinks on a patio, laugh, not worry about what's going on for the next 36 hours.

Go home and nap from 4pm to 7pm...

Go out from 7pm and not care a thought in the world about when you get home. It's the best night going out along with Friday.

I think Sunday is the most wasted day cause while you can go out and get crazy during the day and early evening, you always know that by 11pm you're only thinking about having to go home and sleep for another FIVE days of work

I think after I got into my 30's Saturday has meant more and more to me than it ever had before...

Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 PM

338 posts, read 477,328 times
Well it depends if you have family and kids.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,242,745 times
I don't have kids and don't work on Saturdays, so technically it's a day off for me. I do have three dogs and a house to maintain, so there are always things to do around, but I think that's normal for most people who aren't full time students or live with their parents.

Having kids (or in my case, dogs) is a decision we make. No one forces us to do it. And it's not new news that it's gonna take lots of work to keep the kids (or dog) going until they're old enough and gone. I guess my best advice to folks who want weekends off is to "stay single and use birth control". LOL

My older sister has kids and her neighbors are a young couple who are just starting out. They like to go places a lot - weekend trips, festivals, eating out in nice places.. yet they "want" to have kids because well, that's what people do. Yet they somehow think they really are going to be able to keep taking these trips and nights out once they start cranking the babies out. My sister is trying to pep talk them into REALITY. Once you start having kids, there is NO such thing as a "weekend off to rest", for YEARS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or