U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:15 PM

422 posts, read 1,754,753 times

Advertisements

If everyone realized that tailgating just causes more accidents and slows EVERYONE down, people wouldnt do it as much. It's like what happens in Connecticut or Mass and theres accidents constantly and then backups.

Best drivers- Vermont and Maine. The drivers in these states treat driving as a "team" goal, moving in unison- unlike other states/cities that have the "race" mentality. The lowest insurance premiums in the country is kind of proof of those states being better drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
I live in Southern California (grew up here) but I moved to Phoenix for 3 years and when I moved back to California from AZ my driving was completely rusty. Phoenix drivers do not pay attention and they wait until the last minute to break, their idiots over there. Me being from California I'm going to say we have the best drivers. People will always say California has crazy drivers and look at the carnage on the freeways but there are a lot of accidents because the state has a lot of people, that's just statistics. I'm not saying driving fast makes you a good driver but when you drive fast your forced to stay alert and become aware of whats going on around you in turn making you a good driver. There will always be drivers that should not have drivers licenses anywhere you drive just stay away from them, and if you want to drive slower then traffic then get in the right lanes so people can pass if you don't you are only making yourself susceptible to road rage. -Bobby

Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM

434 posts, read 1,012,398 times
From my experiences.....the areas around Chicago (most of the suburbs and towns of northeast Illinois....and stretching into the far north central Illinois cities such as Rockford). Everyone seems to have a lead foot

Old 04-03-2010, 07:56 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,464,596 times
It seems to me that there are two different "schools" of bad driving. There is the school of driving too fast/disregarding the rules of the road/taking stupid risks and then there is the school of being overly cautious/inventing rules that don't really exist/being ignorant of the rules that do exist. If there were a city with neither of these problems, that'd be utopia.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,793,691 times
IDK Why but in Florida for some reason, it's a race to the next stop light. Dont get on any interstate or expressway and think you will be able to relax....

Old 04-04-2010, 02:26 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,234,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
IDK Why but in Florida for some reason, it's a race to the next stop light. Dont get on any interstate or expressway and think you will be able to relax....

What??? I've driven in Ft. Myers and Naples, and it's soooooooo slow to accelerate past the light. It takes nearly a half mile for the drivers to get up to the speed limit. And it isn't just the old people; I see it in the younger drivers too.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,258 times
Just got back from Boston and was inspired to do this research on worst cities to drive in... From my short stay, I got spint around several times with my GPS!!.. the streets are some what like maze, on top of drivers who drive like they bought their license!!! I would rather drive in NYC than Boston.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 PM

5,256 posts, read 11,958,783 times
Numerous Florida cities- Tampa for starters.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 16 days ago)

10,457 posts, read 14,307,686 times
Most courteous goes to Tallahassee. Rudest, or maybe just the most clueless, goes to Memphis.
Out of the areas I'm familiar with.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,141 times
nope nope nope by far worst drivers is phoenix and it's surrounding area and most of california, you get so many snobbish people that don't know that they're tailgating till they crash in the back of the others car. WATCH OUT BIKERS AND PEDESTRIANS!!!!!!!!! no respect for people on bikes or pedestrians; they also always cut you off just so they can stop at the stop sign in front of you pshhh what's up with that ****?!?!

DENVER is a decent place for drivers at least they're knowledgeable in traffic sign's, TEXAS, drivers are A holes and cops are very strict there. NM, has the slowest drivers ever; Florida is just plain crazy, Chicago is hectic but at least they know how to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or