U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:03 PM

129 posts, read 428,429 times

Advertisements

After spending time in both cities, I have to say Boston seems MUCH better.

There's a lot to like about Boston. It's very clean, feels very safe, very walkable etc...

The only reason I'm posting this is because everyone on these boards is in love with Chicago, and constantly praises it.

To me I really just don't get why it's get's all the praise. A lot of sections are ghetto, tons of homeless, and overall harder to enjoy IMO.

Does anyone agree with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
K90

17 posts, read 59,940 times
Boston is predominantly white, unlike Chicago and almost every other US city. That speaks for itself.

Boston however, like the Northeast it seems in general, is way too expensive. In a sense it's like CA.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:56 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,571,047 times
Chicago = much nicer than this thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,209,971 times
[quote=Blingnjkbling;4981411]After spending time in both cities, I have to say Boston seems MUCH better.

There's a lot to like about Boston. It's very clean, feels very safe, very walkable etc...

The only reason I'm posting this is because everyone on these boards is in love with Chicago, and constantly praises it.

To me I really just don't get why it's get's all the praise. A lot of sections are ghetto, tons of homeless, and overall harder to enjoy IMO.

Does anyone agree with me?[/quote]

nope. stick to the suburbs guy

Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 PM

304 posts, read 828,936 times
Yes Bostons better than chicago.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM

41 posts, read 141,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K90 View Post
And? I applaud your efforts for playing jewish gestapo. Now get lost, it's called free speech, and apparently to some extent, normal people still have it in this country. Don't like being beat at your own tolerant, democratic game, do you?
Hey, I never said you couldn't be either one, that's your choice (or ignorance). I'm just saying I think it's completely small-minded of you.

Also, it's funny you mention the Gestapo. Reminds me more of you, resenting an entire group of people for no intelligent reason.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 PM

41 posts, read 141,749 times
Back to the OP, I haven't been to Boston, but it seems to be a lot more diverse than K90 suggests.

Demographics from Wikipedia:

49% White
25% African-American
8% Asian
14% Hispanic

Therefore, both Chicago and Boston have a good deal of diversity. Also, while Chicago does have its rough patches, it also has many nice, safe areas that offset the bad. To each his own, different people will like one more than the other, but Chicago isn't just one giant ghetto.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:22 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,452,303 times
I've spent time in both places and I like Boston better as well. It has a more cosmopolitan vibe to me. Lots of history, culture, beautiful architecture. so walkable and lovely to look at.
All that AND the coast too. Love it!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,705,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
Yes Bostons better than chicago.
So if Boston is better than Chicago, what does that make LA?

Old 08-24-2008, 10:35 PM

11,172 posts, read 22,372,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingnjkbling View Post
After spending time in both cities, I have to say Boston seems MUCH better.

Does anyone agree with me?
I never get why people create threads on the nation-wide section just to meantion random stuff like this. I have lived in Chicago for 7 years from Iowa and my experience has been entirely clean safe and definitely walkable.

I love Boston, but this thread does nothing at all except try and tempt people from these two cities to shoot each other down for no reason except someone threw these "facts" out there........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or