Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region:
West 100 22.37%
South 153 34.23%
Midwest 67 14.99%
Northeast/Mid-Atlantic 127 28.41%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post

LOVE THEM SOUTHERN WOMEN
I live in the South, and I've never seen her before in my life. She must be a transplant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:20 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times
Quote:

LOVE THEM SOUTHERN WOMEN
Looks like Oliver Platt!!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 04:35 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,188 times
I don't see why the Midwest ranked so low here. The Midwest (in particular Minnesota and Wisconsin) are full of knockouts in addition to Chicago which has no shortage of beautiful women.

Granted there are alot of Southern women that are knockouts as well but most women there tend to be overweight.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,709,999 times
Quote:

LOVE THEM SOUTHERN WOMEN

That looks more like Jersey....

Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,205 times
The girls here in Oregon are by far among the prettiest I've ever seen.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,851 times
[quote=miamiman;5037546]

South - Although Southern girls are not my style at all (too Stepford-wivesish), I will say that they are pretty for the most part. However, many girls in S. Florida are an exception.

Huh???? Not all Southern girls are like this...I certainly am not. I know many girls/women who are much more like myself than the Stepford wives type.

The type of girl I am referring to is (and how I am)...prefer to hang out with the guys, like fishing, hunting, camping, 4 wheeling, hiking, drive trucks, etc. You sure can't be a Stepford wife type and hang with the boys.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Where are all these overweight women in the South that people keep talking about? Maybe people view the entire South based on the one neighborhood or city they live in.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
I lived in TN until just a couple of months ago, and while there were plenty of women most men would consider hot, I almost never met any I'd care to date. The "Southern belles" which people seem to drool all over I generally found to be shallow, dumb, and completely helpless without parents or a serious boyfriend. To me that helplessness is the least attractive trait I can think of. And I'm sure there are some "belles" who aren't like that, I just never, ever met one. To me, the most attractive Southern women are the ones in their 30s who are stylish, usually moderately fit, happy, smart, sometimes have a kid or two, and are almost always...happily married. So great as coworkers you can enjoy talking to, but useless to me as far as dating.

Now I'm in the Pacific Northwest, but I've only been here for two months so I can't really comment on the overall attractiveness of the girls here, just the physical qualities. My general impression so far is this: I think there are a smaller number of physically attractive girls here, but the one who are physically attractive are very, very much so. In TN an attractive girl may be thin, but often times she won't truly be fit. Think skinny girl with no real muscle, who probably isn't even especially healthy. But here, people are considerably more active, and it really shows with many of the women. Even when their faces aren't exactly beautiful they'll often have...excuse my vulgarity...totally rocking bodies. They look healthy and athletic, which definitely helps in the physical attractiveness area. HOWEVER, the ones here who are physically unattractive are really no different than many I remember from TN, and I think there may be more of them here. In TN, you'd see very obese girls, moderately overweight girls, girls who were just kind of chunky, skinny girls with no muscle, very occasionally a thin, athletic girl, etc. Basically a wide variety. But here it seems like there are less in the middle levels of body fat/fitness and most are at one extreme or the other.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,104,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
That looks more like Jersey....
Looks more like the part of Alabama I lived in when I was younger. Sheesh. Jersey is suburban hell.

Anyone who's been to the south knows that the women are less Stepfordish and more:
Obese
Orange from all the fake tanner
Orange from all of the overexposure to the sun
Really boring and unintelligent (for the most part. I once knew a girl in Venice, FL who was moderately intelligent).

Old 10-10-2011, 07:40 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,104,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I lived in TN until just a couple of months ago, and while there were plenty of women most men would consider hot, I almost never met any I'd care to date. The "Southern belles" which people seem to drool all over I generally found to be shallow, dumb, and completely helpless without parents or a serious boyfriend.
My feelings of KY entirely. I've never met such shallow, materialistic people. Did you get the crap from how they actually look down on you if you don't own a home? That's madness to a Chicagoan. A lot of people where I'm from were high-status renters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.