Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 07:58 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalnet View Post
OMG! Lies, lies, and more lies. More languages spoken in LA than NYC? Haaaahaaaahaaaa. That's the funniest thing I've heard in along time! In LA, the first language is Mexican spanish, English, some Asian, some Amermenian, and a little persian.

More businesses located in LA than NYC. Haaahaaahaa. Another funny joke! the GDP of NYC is probably more than the state of Ca.

Oilpainter, you are making the funniest lies I have ever heard! If you don't think you are, then you have never been to NYC.

Like I said before, LA is just a sprawling suburb. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

LA is home to some nice talent. But that LA talent spends most of their time in Las Vegas, and not in LA.

Oilpainter is a troll that used to go by the name "milquetoast" a while back and then got banned

Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon25 View Post
hey guys im sure NY is the city to be and thats why i need help to move there any ideas on how to start up...or is any one willing to help me with a sofa till i get my feet on the ground..dont mind paying rent either
First thing you need to do is look for a job. There are plenty of jobs around the city you can do for a short period of time if you can't get a secured long-term job just yet. You could work at Yankee games, Mets games, Madison Square Garden, build the famous water towers we have on most of the buildings, work on a subway, cabbie, ferries, building window washer, bus driver, work at a museum, work in a theater, tour guide, etc. I'm not saying do those things, I'm just saying that if you want to move here as soon as possible and you can't wait but can't seem to find a decent long-term job, you could work those for a few months or so and get a little studio apt. in Queens or something for a short period of time until you get on your feet. You could even test for NYPD or FDNY if you're into that kind of stuff.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:12 AM

263 posts, read 798,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalnet View Post
OMG! Lies, lies, and more lies. More languages spoken in LA than NYC? Haaaahaaaahaaaa. That's the funniest thing I've heard in along time! In LA, the first language is Mexican spanish, English, some Asian, some Amermenian, and a little persian.

More businesses located in LA than NYC. Haaahaaahaa. Another funny joke! the GDP of NYC is probably more than the state of Ca.

Oilpainter, you are making the funniest lies I have ever heard! If you don't think you are, then you have never been to NYC.

Like I said before, LA is just a sprawling suburb. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

LA is home to some nice talent. But that LA talent spends most of their time in Las Vegas, and not in LA.
I've been. There are more different kinds of people in Los Angeles because...... deep breath.... again, Los Angeles has a huge expatriot population FROM ny, as well as the rest of the world. How can the Gross Domestic Product of little ny be more than a mid sized country like California with an output ranked among the top tier? You sound nervous! You too, sweetclimber

Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
I've been. There are more different kinds of people in Los Angeles because...... deep breath.... again, Los Angeles has a huge expatriot population FROM ny, as well as the rest of the world. How can the Gross Domestic Product of little ny be more than a mid sized country like California with an output ranked among the top tier? You sound nervous! You too, sweetclimber
what does california have to do with anything we are talking about cities. Dont kid yourself to because i see people in ny with california license plates and ive met alot of people from california who moved here.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:23 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
what does california have to do with anything we are talking about cities. Dont kid yourself to because i see people in ny with california license plates and ive met alot of people from california who moved here.
I know California kids in my school right now. I've heard some of them say Southern California's overrated and run by gangster wannabes. Nobody's nervous, Oilpainter. NYC's been on top for years and we're still on top no matter what them Hollywood jerkoffs say. Bring them to New York or Philly and see how tough they talk. Section 39's waitin'.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,892 times
can any one help me with moving o the States from australia

Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
For a new up and coming city.. Shanghai...
It has double the number of skyscrapers as Manhattan...
With China increasing in world influence, so will Shanghai's influence...

but for now NYC... I believe there are 22 million people in the metro area and is number 1 for Forbes Fortune 500 headquarters... And as the financial heart of America, there is a reason it was the target on 9/11 and not LA... In several boroughs (Bronx, Queens), English is not the primary language spoken at home. Talk about diversity. When I travel around the world (I've been to about 50 countries and I've lived in CA, NY, Canada, Australia and Singapore), when people talk about moving and living in the US pretty much everyone I know wants to go to New York. I have yet to meet to someone that said LA, except for vacation. Im sure if I met actors they'd say LA or NY (theatre).

Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
First thing you need to do is look for a job. There are plenty of jobs around the city you can do for a short period of time if you can't get a secured long-term job just yet. You could work at Yankee games, Mets games, Madison Square Garden, build the famous water towers we have on most of the buildings, work on a subway, cabbie, ferries, building window washer, bus driver, work at a museum, work in a theater, tour guide, etc. I'm not saying do those things, I'm just saying that if you want to move here as soon as possible and you can't wait but can't seem to find a decent long-term job, you could work those for a few months or so and get a little studio apt. in Queens or something for a short period of time until you get on your feet. You could even test for NYPD or FDNY if you're into that kind of stuff.
Col do you know if i have to talk to some one like immigration first befor i do buy the ticket

Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 AM

263 posts, read 798,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
English is not the primary language spoken at home. Talk about diversity.
new york is not the greatest for other reasons not including the ones mentioned. new york is not the capital of it's home country. It's also not a candidate for a 'primate' classification because Los Angeles is just too big and influential (..a fact I enjoy every day ) and English is not the primary language in most parts of the city. Oh yes, I've lived in exactly 50 countries too. Ever notice that when something happens, good or bad, it gets noticed by the world more often when it happens in L. A? There are reasons for that. It's simply more interesting, because people are more familiar with Los Angeles and California in general than they would ever be with new york. Is section 39 referring to the zygotes in some stadium? I sit closer to the action, in another city. ( By the way, an idiot tried to compare new york to California earlier in this thread. Read up!)

Old 09-15-2008, 07:39 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
For a new up and coming city.. Shanghai...
It has double the number of skyscrapers as Manhattan...
With China increasing in world influence, so will Shanghai's influence...
actually shanghai only has about 60 buildings taller than 500ft while ny has over 100 buildings taller than 500 ft. The reason shanghai looks lot like it has alot is because most of them are near each other while they have space in between each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.