Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 12:22 PM

367 posts, read 1,285,503 times

Advertisements

OMG. It looks like a few of the LA people are jealous of NYC. LA is so country compared to NYC. Heeeeehaw.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
lol thats why "bloods" in new york pledge allegiance to california street gangs

basically we have hoods IN YOUR CITY .cant say the same the other way..
No, you don't. The LA Bloods and Crips that migrated to New York 20 years ago are either on Riker's or dead. In New York, gangsters don't do drive-bys to kill some meaningless drug dealer as much as they go after the Main Guy. Besides, the Bloods would be no match for the Russian Mob. I read that for every 63 boxes smuggled into NYC by Russians, about 57 of them have grenades. LA gangs have been done for years now. They're out there, but there are a lot worse in Miami, Chicago, NYC, and New Jersey nowadays.

Bloods in New York don't pledge allegiance to anybody. They're fake... They wear red, but they're not cool with each other... They'd kill their best friend for an extra buck. LA Bloods are loyal to each other, New Yorkers turn on each other... Just look at our rap game. Rap wars in our own city. A Dipset concert turned into a riot here recently because of rap beef. I'll give LA respect for the way they get along, but no, New York Bloods don't pledge to anybody but themself.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
I didn't know Louisiana was into the 'media' thing, but I can give you 5 things about L. A! ENTERTAINMENT: Obvious, it's what we'll always be known for. The world's most omnipotent export, this should stand for three things. The one thing that will save us and has saved us in the past when new york has failed. Let's move on... HIGH TECH: Can't say enough about the things that are designed and produced here, from aerospace to automobiles. Heavy machinery and architectural science. We are home to some of the world's most influential architects. We're also monitering machinery on other planets right now- can't say that about many, even ANY! JPL and Cal-Tech. Which brings us to DEFENSE: Actually helping to save you with the secrets only we know, using defense department contracts in the billions. Northrop Grumman is based in Century City and is responsible for the kind of ordinance you'll never understand, to high concept air defense and cutting edge ship building. Speaking of actual ships... TRADE: And not the speculative ***** trade that has us in trouble right now. I mean actual trade! The port complex at San Pedro is the nation's busiest and together with Long Beach, constitute the greatest port system in the country by far! Almost half of all containers entering the country come through here.... illegal aliens too.... which brings us to DIVERSITY: In it's broadest sense, from the people who bring you the world; the immigrant. We gots more! More different kinds and more of them, all adding to the story. All adding to the culture. All adding to the trends that will trickle down and eventually end up on the least coast twenty years from now in the form of OMG and Gossip Girl! You know what they say, " As California goes, so goes the nation!." And Los Angeles is the true capital of the largest, most powerful state! Sorry...
Other than entertainment, everything you listed there puts you behind NYC. LA is not high-tech, but the amount of science labs shifting into NYC into old, abandoned buildings is skyrocketing. Defense? Okay, that's idiotic. No city hs their own defense... But it's no secret that our New York Giants have the best defense, NYPD is the strongest police force in the country, and West Point Military Academy is right up the Hudson River. So really, we've got the better defense. Diversity? Nothing like NYC, London, or T-Dot.

The most high-tech cities... Houston, Boston, Seattle, Atlanta, and NYC is on its way up.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
new york is not the greatest for other reasons not including the ones mentioned. new york is not the capital of it's home country. It's also not a candidate for a 'primate' classification because Los Angeles is just too big and influential (..a fact I enjoy every day ) and English is not the primary language in most parts of the city. Oh yes, I've lived in exactly 50 countries too. Ever notice that when something happens, good or bad, it gets noticed by the world more often when it happens in L. A? There are reasons for that. It's simply more interesting, because people are more familiar with Los Angeles and California in general than they would ever be with new york. Is section 39 referring to the zygotes in some stadium? I sit closer to the action, in another city. ( By the way, an idiot tried to compare new york to California earlier in this thread. Read up!)
You're a card. You know what, I'm done with you. Ask the President which city's more important, New York or LA... See what he says.

Trolls are always the most insecure ones... And you've only proved it with your long novels on how great LA is, when in fact, it's not even comparable to NYC or London. Grow up, you said you're ove 50-years old back before you got BANNED, and yet you still live your life around entertainment. Seriously, ragazzino, gorw up. I'm taking Gov't and Economics this year (requirement) and LA's never mentioned, but NYC is the main city that's mentioned. Not because we don't feel like it, but because LA's not as important as you think it is.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:03 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Other than entertainment, everything you listed there puts you behind NYC. LA is not high-tech, but the amount of science labs shifting into NYC into old, abandoned buildings is skyrocketing. Defense? Okay, that's idiotic. No city hs their own defense... But it's no secret that our New York Giants have the best defense, NYPD is the strongest police force in the country, and West Point Military Academy is right up the Hudson River. So really, we've got the better defense. Diversity? Nothing like NYC, London, or T-Dot.

The most high-tech cities... Houston, Boston, Seattle, Atlanta, and NYC is on its way up.
What's "idiotic" about the defense industry?? I don't think you understand what he's talking about; it has nothing to do with the police force or a military academy. The military/defense industry is a significant part of the economy for some cities, such as here in San Diego. Although I'm not sure if it's still that big in LA after a lot of defense related industries left in the early to mid 90's.

Also the most high tech city by far would be San Jose and Silicon Valley cities and San Francisco along with the others you mentioned, but the Bay Area is the center of tech.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM

We'll see what the Administrator has to say about Milquetoast's return because I've about had it up to here with his ****. I'm doing my best to not swing my baseball bat into my computer screen right now, I've never seen anything like Oilpainter, er, Milquetoast. Total arrogance with things his city almost has not a lick of.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What's "idiotic" about the defense industry?? I don't think you understand what he's talking about; it has nothing to do with the police force or a military academy. The military/defense industry is a significant part of the economy for some cities, such as here in San Diego. Although I'm not sure if it's still that big in LA after a lot of defense related industries left in the early to mid 90's.

Also the most high tech city by far would be San Jose and Silicon Valley cities and San Francisco along with the others you mentioned, but the Bay Area is the center of tech.
Is that not what I just said? What am I daydreaming here am I high am I drunk? No, that's exactly what I said. San Diego is a strong military city, but LA?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Is that not what I just said? What am I daydreaming here am I high am I drunk? No, that's exactly what I said. San Diego is a strong military city, but LA?
ummm no All you said was defense was "idiotic" then said some things about the NY Giants, NYPD, and Westpoint, which made no sense with regards to the subject of defense industries. You said no city has their own defense, which I don't quite get what you were trying to say there. It didn't seem like you understood what the defense industry was to some cities.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
ummm no All you said was defense was "idiotic" then said some things about the NY Giants, NYPD, and Westpoint, which made no sense with regards to the subject of defense industries. You said no city has their own defense, which I don't quite get what you were trying to say there. It didn't seem like you understood what the defense industry was to some cities.
Becuase no city has military defense. You can't sit here and tell me it belongs to San Diego when it's the the UNITED STATES Military. If you want to talk about individual city defense, then NYC wins the trophy. NYPD is the biggest police force, NYPD is the strongest police force, FDNY is the biggest and strongest.

Plus, the United Nations is headquartered in NYC. That's a nice thing to have in your city... Extreme power lurks in the UN Building in Manhattan... More power than LA could ever dream of. Wall Street... Imagine if that crashed, America would be a mess. Jobs would be lost, foreclosures would be a million times worse than they are now, etc. Look at Wall Street right now... It's not exactly booming, which has resulted in a great number of foreclosures, inflation, etc.

So Oilpainter, don't try to tell me LA's more important than NYC because that loaf of bread you paid 50% less on 5 years ago is now costing you money courtesy of New York. We're the real hub.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Becuase no city has military defense. You can't sit here and tell me it belongs to San Diego when it's the the UNITED STATES Military. If you want to talk about individual city defense, then NYC wins the trophy. NYPD is the biggest police force, NYPD is the strongest police force, FDNY is the biggest and strongest.

Plus, the United Nations is headquartered in NYC. That's a nice thing to have in your city... Extreme power lurks in the UN Building in Manhattan... More power than LA could ever dream of. Wall Street... Imagine if that crashed, America would be a mess. Jobs would be lost, foreclosures would be a million times worse than they are now, etc. Look at Wall Street right now... It's not exactly booming, which has resulted in a great number of foreclosures, inflation, etc.

So Oilpainter, don't try to tell me LA's more important than NYC because that loaf of bread you paid 50% less on 5 years ago is now costing you money courtesy of New York. We're the real hub.
What the hell are you talking about? Some cities have a lot of Military installations and/or a lot of military defense related industries in it, more so than other cities. San Diego is one of them, there are a ton of military installations here and a lot of military defense related industries. Nothing necessarily "belongs" here but it is here, that statement doesn't even make sense. Washington DC has a lot of defense related industries too as does Norfolk, VA b/c of all the military there.

You don't understand what the defense industry is or what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with the local police force or UN at all, I don't even get why you bring that up. Maybe this will help you understand: Defense industry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really need to calm down and stop acting like you know everything, you haven't even graduated high school yet. Realize your posts aren't any different than some of the LA posters one's too, they're both ridiculous and off the wall many times.

Last edited by sav858; 09-16-2008 at 01:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.