U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Proud & happy of being American?
Yes 109 84.50%
No 20 15.50%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,394,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Well then I exercised my freedom of speech and gave it back to him. H,mmm I was called an idiot today. Does this mean I got to go get her????

Boy, I will probably have to give out a lot in the future, they better only use the right PC approved words from now on. With no emotional content either. Lots of people get off the Reservation and say words I don't like and I have been letting them get away with it.

BTW - I am still happy to be an American.
I don't ASSUME you mean me? Cause I didn't give anyone a neg! (All this gender stuff has me confused
I'm a she, but could care less if I'm referred to as a he thus I never "correct" it...)
And happily, mine was removed as it should have been!

Cil - so I can't tell someone who doesn't like it here to get out, but they can call me names?!
Also, I'm merely speaking logic - If you don't like it here, then why are you here? = Get out!

Yes the way our vets are treated sickens me. They should be treated like royalty!
And the way illegals & terrorists are treated sickens me. The ARE treated like royalty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 05:02 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,928,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post

Cil - so I can't tell someone who doesn't like it here to get out, but they can call me names?!
Also, I'm merely speaking logic - If you don't like it here, then why are you here? = Get out!
Well, I am sorry they called you a xenaphobe, but your statement, considering the subject matter, was rather harsh.
Not everyone who voted No is a terrorist or an illegal immigrant.
I could take your statement as calling me a terrorist or illiegal immigrant, you know what I mean?
The way I look at it is that a real *thinking* patriot who loves his country tries to fix it if he thinks it needs it. I never bought that My Country Right Or Wrong, Love It Or Leave It, or With Us Or Against Us stuff and I never will.
This is real life, not middle school.
Quote:
Yes the way our vets are treated sickens me. They should be treated like royalty!
And the way illegals & terrorists are treated sickens me. The ARE treated like royalty!
Well I certainly would like to see resolution to that situation, and I do not think we are going about it the right way, especially the terrorism. I've voted accordingly and been in touch with my congressman and I hope for change.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:05 AM

4,281 posts, read 9,470,925 times
Even though I'm not from the U.S. I'd be proud to say I'm an American since I'm affiliated with it's OUTSTANDING men and women of the military.

Fly Old Glory and support the troops!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,599,827 times
Proud? No, it was just a luck of the draw. Happy? Yes

Old 03-06-2007, 08:48 AM

3,020 posts, read 23,629,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
I don't ASSUME you mean me? Cause I didn't give anyone a neg! (All this gender stuff has me confused
I'm a she, but could care less if I'm referred to as a he thus I never "correct" it...)
And happily, mine was removed as it should have been!
No I don't mean you. Everybody thinks an elf is a he. I never have seen or heard of a she elf. Do they even make them? What would Snow White think?? What would you even call one, other than for dinner????

The other her was a she, but she can be pretty brutal even on nice places like Oil City. I didn't even give the other her a neg. Probably because she thinks maybe even elf's are idiots. Could be Hillary in disguise, Bill used to do those sorts of things too, well maybe it was with Monica when they went looking for little people.

Now that is fully cleared up.

Yes, I am proud to be in the USA. But they should allow dogs on beaches and it all parks, especially in places like Florida. What is with those high dog chow prices? That is not the way to do it in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. In Florida they do not put a flag on the label, they just raise the price. Pretty disrespecful if you ask me.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:11 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,668,484 times
To those posting that they are not proud, "just luck of the draw", I think you are reading way too much into the question.

Its like someone who wins on Jeopardy saying no Im not proud of winning, I was just born smart, I didnt have anything to do with it. Or anyone with a talent that makes them who they are saying I was just born with it, no reason to be proud.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 PM

658 posts, read 2,223,752 times
hell yea couldnt live anywhere else

Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,394,200 times
Cosmic - no direspect meant, but, uh, are you that arkie person that used to be on here? Cause your posts make no sense!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:55 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,952,503 times
I'm 100% happy and proud to be an American. I was born and raised in Miami so some of you might think that it's not part of the USA.(LOL) With all it's faults, this is the greatest country in the world. I don't get the 14.13% and I never will.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:58 AM

238 posts, read 516,636 times
im not American, i'm English but i would do almost anything to be able to live in America!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or