U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 04:18 PM

8,043 posts, read 7,878,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
It's not so much that I don't like seasons. I just don't like winter. It's possible to have seasons without a cold winter (you'd just have 3 seasons instead of 4). I like the other 3 seasons as long as they feel like the season they're supposed to be. In Massachusetts, winter extends into fall and spring. So late fall and early spring don't actually feel like fall and spring.
That's like here in the PNW. Our winters are mild to some people. Daytime coldest is in the 30's (which is COLD to me!). But the rainy wet season extends through spring, often into June, and so I don't think we have true springs here. I think I squawk during spring than winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 PM

117 posts, read 191,190 times
I live in Arizona and I can tell you that I absolutely HATE the summer. Even though I have been here all my life I cannot get used to the heat. I hardly go anywhere outdoors during the summer, even on the weekends. Now I love the other seasons and my favorite is winter. In the winter we get temperatures around low 70s, but that's good for me!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:19 PM

7,880 posts, read 9,687,321 times
I wish every season was a different variation of Summer, (Thunderstorm season, Dry-Heat season, Humid-Heat season, Late-Spring like season)

Winter: I hate wearing a big Northface during Winter.
Fall: I hate it because that means Summer goes away.

NYC only gets about 1-2 weeks of brick-cold weather a year, the rest of winter is kind of mildish (highs in the 40's/50's/60's and even 70's), lately it rarely goes below 15-20 degrees.

My neighborhood is close to Jamaica Bay and the Atlantic Ocean which makes us have a warmer winter and a more humid summer than the rest of NYC.

People hate being either cold or hot, I happen to love stifling heat and I happen to hate cold/mild weather.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 PM

860 posts, read 1,194,876 times
Different strokes for different folks

Old 08-11-2009, 12:21 AM

110 posts, read 309,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
I like seasons because I'd get sick of the same old weather day in and day out.
I would get sick of the same weather all the time if it was horribly cold or hot. However, when the weather is always mild and comfortable, the weather is the last thing I am thinking about. To much stuff to do when the weather is great.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM

15,292 posts, read 11,989,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
Few people seem to have any sort of tolerance of cold weather. I like cold weather. It's nice to be able to dress up in a coat and not have to feel all sticky and sweaty when you go out. It's nice to be able to run and GET hot, not be hot to begin with and get miserable.

I like the rhythm of the seasons. I like spring and fall, and the leaves turning colors, I like places that are sunny and hot in the summer and cold and dark in the winter.

Why don't most people appreciate this? I'm so sick of people saying "isn't it a nice day" when it's 110 degrees outside and the sun is bright enough to blind you.
I agree with you even though I currently live in Florida..... .....remember to stay in Pa.....LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.