Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:56 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times

Advertisements

To put aside the regional differences, take a few minutes and love America.

YouTube - PROUD To Be An American 9/11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,343,273 times
What are you selling?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:28 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Thank You FutureCop.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
What are you selling?

Patriotism. Buy or be killed.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:05 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
I'm proud to be an American too. That's makes three.

Pretty pathetic how few posters responded to this thread today, isn't it? Especially considering this is the anniversary of September 11. I guess people on these forums would rather yack about bull**** all day than take one minute to read this.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:11 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post

Pretty pathetic how few posters responded to this thread today, isn't it? Especially considering this is the anniversary of September 11. I guess people on these forums would rather yack about bull**** all day than take one minute to read this.
You honestly make a good point!,
Thats rep for you mister,..

God Bless the USA

Old 04-17-2009, 06:41 AM

23 posts, read 84,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post

Maybe you are right. OR maybe, just maybe people SHOULD yack about BS all day, especially on this day rather than dwell on a terrible, depressing event that took thousands of lives.
It depends on how you want to look it.
Every 9/11 i do think about what happened that day and it sucks, it really does. Im not saying we should totally forget that it happened but why be upset if people dont want to dwell on terrible things?

Old 04-17-2009, 07:25 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Only someone who, for the most part, does not draw their own conclusions would be proud to be an American today. Or someone who has personal ties with the country where logic is not paid attention to. Such as having a son in the military. Really, pride for america went out of the window in the 60's and should never come back until the country's leaders change their ways.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:43 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
Quote:
Only someone who, for the most part, does not draw their own conclusions would be proud to be an American today. Or someone who has personal ties with the country where logic is not paid attention to. Such as having a son in the military. Really, pride for america went out of the window in the 60's and should never come back until the country's leaders change their ways.
Wow, nice attitude.

If people can't have pride in imperfect things, then I guess no one should really have pride in anything, should they? Name me one nation that hasn't made poor decisions or mistakes.

The idea is to look for the good and have pride in it.

If you can't find ANY good in our nation... well, for one thing, that doesn't show a whole lot of perceptiveness on your part. And... good luck finding a nation that you CAN have pride in, because they all screw up. All the time. A lot of them screw up more than we do.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:44 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
only 1 country has America's past, present, and ill prepared future. so you can't go comparing it to any other nation on Earth. they simply do not equate. Is pride a deadly sin? Why would it be considered a deadly sin? Think about it...

Does pride give way to greed? Does pride lead to envy and other negative emotions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.