Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seasons or neverending summer?
Summer all year - 110 degree summers and Sun Belt! 21 21.88%
Seasons - I'm not a reptile for God's sake! 75 78.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,707,199 times

Advertisements

Oh stop it already. You two are like a couple of 3rd graders arguing on a playground. FutureCop likes NYC, and MachineknownasLA likes LA. Maybe none of the rest of us gives a great gray rats arse. Both cities are large, dirty, overpopulated, and not for the vast majority of people who live in the US (305 million in US and less than 30 million in both LA and NYC combined metro areas. That means over 90% of the Country doesn't want to live in either area.) You both love your respective cities, and states. Great! You live there you should be proud of where you live. Doesn't mean it is the right place for everyone else though. I personally can't stand either of them and you couldn't pay me enough money to live in either California or New York. Am I wrong? No I am not, (even though both of you will say I am, or owe your states for some unknown reason). For cripes sake if you bother each other that much, put each other on your ignore list, and stop hi-jacking every single thread that deals with a tiny aspect of your respective cities with your childish arguments.

Last edited by Bydand; 09-13-2008 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 07:19 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,000,317 times
I agree with Bydand. Enough of the puerile behavior.

That being said I'll take four seasons over Summer any day with an emphasis on a cooler climate like New England, the central, western and northern reaches of NY and the upper Great Lakes region.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:28 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,469,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Oh stop it already. You two are like a couple of 3rd graders arguing on a playground. FutureCop likes NYC, and MachineknownasLA likes LA. Maybe none of the rest of us gives a great gray rats arse. Both cities are large, dirty, overpopulated, and not for the vast majority of people who live in the US (305 million in US and less than 30 million in both LA and NYC combined metro areas. That means over 90% of the Country doesn't want to live in either area.) You both love your respective cities, and states. Great! You live there you should be proud of where you live. Doesn't mean it is the right place for everyone else though. I personally can't stand either of them and you couldn't pay me enough money to live in either California or New York. Am I wrong? No I am not, (even though both of you will say I am, or owe your states for some unknown reason). For cripes sake if you bother each other that much, put each other on your ignore list, and stop hi-jacking every single thread that deals with a tiny aspect of your respective cities with your childish arguments.
He started it.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 AM

284 posts, read 693,828 times
Seasons i would go crazy with just one type of weather
It is whatever you are used to.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,469,555 times
I know, I would go crazy, too. I love the weather variations. I love the way the lights reflect in the rain, the snow days, the clouds and breeze cooling me off. There's nothing nicer than sitting outside grilling on a cloudy day with a good wind. I love it. The smell of the rain, the leaves falling, the grass clippings. One climate is boring.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:10 PM

204 posts, read 748,967 times
4 seasons and warm-year round shouldn't be the the only 2 choices in the poll,

Theres also...

Fring-year round (Spring and Fall put together)
2 season climate (Summer and Winter)
No seasons, just entirely random everyday (Ohio is an example of this)

Old 09-13-2008, 04:03 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,109,176 times
4 seasons for me. The changing seasons give me something to look forward to.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:12 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,944,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
I'm sick of seasons... I get so depressed once the leaves fall off and winter gets here... I need SUN!!!!
I'm that way too. January and February, I have to really work at keeping a good attitude. My wife says that I get into a serious funk. Maybe I'll try vitamins this winter.

One year, I went to New Zealand in early November. When I got down there, it was the equivalent of May. I didn't get back until the second week of December. There was snow on the ground, and there was an intense two-week cold snap. Then the second week of January, it got unseasonably warm and stayed that way. The trees started leafing out in late January. It never got cold again that year. So I can say that I had a 3-week winter once.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:23 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,744,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
New York already runs half your businesses. Good luck when the stock market crashes. Hollywood will have nothing to air it's nonsense off of thanks to Viacom's headquarters here in New York, ABC, HBO, Comedy Central, NBC, FOX, MTV, etc.

And yes, I added Philly because the Census is going to be adding NYC and Philly together soon. I know someone who works for the Census. My dad works with two people who commute from Philly to Manhattan daily and some members of this site do, too. It even happens the other way around. So whether you like it or not, the NYC/Philly metro area will be, in fact, one.

SF's the only city worth anybody's time in CA.

P.S. Where did you attend college, if you did? What was your GPA in high school, since you're such the genius here?
Get a life douche bag. God its like every thread on the entire forum has you just trying to pick fights with Californian's. Get off your lazy a** and go get some proactiv and a girlfriend and stop staying up all night bashing California with statements that arent even true.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:27 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,744,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
yea well 95% of America doesn't want to live in Michigan either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.