U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2008, 08:52 AM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,296 posts, read 5,205,537 times
Reputation: 1031

Advertisements

Not that it makes much difference,but it's noted that Philadelphia came in last once again in this category...

Miami residents are most attractive in U.S.: poll - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Polish Hill, Pittsburgh, PA
30,178 posts, read 67,320,481 times
Reputation: 15825
I think NEPA has the most beautiful people. Just look at us---Summering, ontheroad, poconoproud, myself, coartist88, and many others all working together to make your hearts flutter!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 09-12-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,564,868 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Not that it makes much difference,but it's noted that Philadelphia came in last once again in this category...

Miami residents are most attractive in U.S.: poll - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Miami has a lot of Cubans, many of whom are Spanish, and everything I hear about from those who go to Spain is that they're the most attractive people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
#2 baby!! http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/.../subcategory/1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,296 posts, read 5,205,537 times
Reputation: 1031
They're probably not just referring to the Spanish but to the rich and also to south beach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM
 
155 posts, read 678,012 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Miami has a lot of Cubans, many of whom are Spanish, and everything I hear about from those who go to Spain is that they're the most attractive people.
Um, Cubans are from Cuba. Spaniards are from Spain. Cubans are generally of mixed Spanish and African, and to a lesser extent Native American, ancestries.

I think Miami wins not just because of Cubans, but because of many different Latin American and Caribbean cultures mixing.

In my opinion, LA, Atlanta, and New York also have attractive people.

Last edited by Tdallas; 09-12-2008 at 10:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
 
2,506 posts, read 7,755,794 times
Reputation: 828
Most Cubans are white, African or a mix of the two. You would see more Indians in Mexico, Central America, et cetera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:10 PM
 
155 posts, read 678,012 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnehahapolitan View Post
Most Cubans are white, African or a mix of the two. You would see more Indians in Mexico, Central America, et cetera.

That's why I said, "to a lesser extent."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,564,868 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdallas View Post
Um, Cubans are from Cuba. Spaniards are from Spain. Cubans are generally of mixed Spanish and African, and to a lesser extent Native American, ancestries.

I think Miami wins not just because of Cubans, but because of many different Latin American and Caribbean cultures mixing.

In my opinion, LA, Atlanta, and New York also have attractive people.
Actually, 65% of Cubans are White. My guess is that most of those who are white are of Spanish ancestry. But, thanks for the demographics lesson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba#Demographics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 PM
 
155 posts, read 678,012 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Actually, 65% of Cubans are White. My guess is that most of those who are white are of Spanish ancestry. But, thanks for the demographics lesson.

Cuba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I wasn't saying you were wrong, the way you said most Cubans are Spanish just sounded funny. (like saying most Americans are British). But it's true especially in Miami, where most Cubans are white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top