U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:32 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,795,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
Driving back from Ny to visit my father, my son had to use the restroom, I got off the nearest exit having no idea where I was, well I got lost looking for a bathroom for approx 15 minutes, growing up in Los Angeles and my work taking me into south central at times ,I am use to seeing crime infested areas, well nothing prepared for what was in store for a simple trip to the bathroom, roving street gangs with bats and 2x4s roaming the streets, I observed numerous street fights with men and women,graffiti, trash, people passed out, it looked like a scene from the movie black hawk down. What a shame, what a disgrace that people live in such an enviroment. Where is the civility, the structure, what type of culture
would allow itself to fester such dysfuntion, and Im not talking about a few blocks.
West Miami as well. Yes it is sad we are in the richest country, and people still live in squalor.

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 06:56 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,071,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I kind of think you know who THEY are! And it is a good idea to stay away.
Maybe we don't, so PLEASE enlighten us... not that it would matter, since I have a feeling "they" are already the majority in my town.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 AM

9,362 posts, read 22,816,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Maybe we don't, so PLEASE enlighten us... not that it would matter, since I have a feeling "they" are already the majority in my town.
OMG, giz.... I think I know who he is talking about and I THINK I HAVE ONE LIVING IN MY HOUSE She's nine years old and is in our city's youth chorus....AND SHE IS RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM DOOR THIS VERY MINUTE

Oh, why was I never warned before????????

Old 02-19-2007, 01:55 PM

1,411 posts, read 2,155,263 times
Exclamation Troll Warning

"This guy said that he saw dudes walking around with bats and 2x4's and it turned into 3+ pages. HA HA!"

"Tom, I'm gonna call you on this one. I've been in law enforcement for 30 years. The bulk of my work is in Essex and Union counties in New Jersey. Elizabeth is in Union County. I'm in Elizabeth on at least a weekly basis. I don't think your stretching it. I know your stretching it."

The quotes above are from two astute posters.

The OP has been seeking the lowest common denominator in human attitudes an intelligence in his posts. He delights in dredging up racist comments, then vanishes to a new thread.

When I caught him in the middle of his act on the LA forum, he disappeared, only to surface here. The bright side is that you still can't fool all of the people all of the time, no matter how hard you may try.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM

57 posts, read 147,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
"This guy said that he saw dudes walking around with bats and 2x4's and it turned into 3+ pages. HA HA!"

"Tom, I'm gonna call you on this one. I've been in law enforcement for 30 years. The bulk of my work is in Essex and Union counties in New Jersey. Elizabeth is in Union County. I'm in Elizabeth on at least a weekly basis. I don't think your stretching it. I know your stretching it."

The quotes above are from two astute posters.

The OP has been seeking the lowest common denominator in human attitudes an intelligence in his posts. He delights in dredging up racist comments, then vanishes to a new thread.

When I caught him in the middle of his act on the LA forum, he disappeared, only to surface here. The bright side is that you still can't fool all of the people all of the time, no matter how hard you may try.
I am stating objective facts that I unfortunately observed, I know you don't agree with some of my posts, you need to stop picking on me.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 AM

29,038 posts, read 45,071,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
OMG, giz.... I think I know who he is talking about and I THINK I HAVE ONE LIVING IN MY HOUSE She's nine years old and is in our city's youth chorus....AND SHE IS RIGHT OUTSIDE MY BEDROOM DOOR THIS VERY MINUTE

Oh, why was I never warned before????????
OMG... Get out now, while you're still alive!! I have THEM lurking all around too - Aaahhhhh!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 12,657,606 times
Quote:
I am stating objective facts that I unfortunately observed, I know you don't agree with some of my posts, you need to stop picking on me.
Like I said earlier I'm curious why you would put up a post that was not factual so I did a search and read your other posts. Now I understand why!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:04 AM

3,020 posts, read 23,640,079 times
Quote:
Yeah, quit picking on this poor guy After all he saw naked unsheathed weapons and maybe was beaten too. He does not relate if he peed during the attack if that occurred or just at the visual shock of his experience.

He does need to post a map of his route, he could have been in a car rental in NJ and I can say that is scary.

I hope Oprah doesn't find out about this victim. She always says "Me Too". That poor girl has a lot of stories to tell, especially if it is Very Disturbing. She apparently likes to get close to the action. We don't know how close this poor guy got or even the length of the ball bats, most first reports are wrong.

In future, this can all be avoided by hooking up a rubber hose and running it down your pants leg. Just pretend to be getting out of the car and looking at something very far in the distance with your Good Foot on the ground. If anybody asks about the pool of liquid that appears, tell them it is condensation from the A/C unit.

As mentioned there are lots of Theys out there and many of those will not even give you a relief break either.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM

1,411 posts, read 2,155,263 times
"I am stating objective facts that I unfortunately observed, I know you don't agree with some of my posts, you need to stop picking on me."
Tom Bates

I apologize for sounding off so strongly. Your opinions are of no less value than my own.

My point of contention is that it's not necessary to make outrageous statements to generate a discussion. The truth is more than adequate, believe me. People who are about to make momentous decisions regarding where they will work, where they will live, and where they will send their children to be schooled do not deserve to have their time wasted on reading false representations.

As you and I both grew up in the SFV, we probably have much in common, setting aside our obvious differences. And the fact that we both have lived and travelled in various states gives us an opportunity to make worthwhile contributions to the state forums, provided that we are sincere in those opinions.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 AM

3,337 posts, read 12,657,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Yeah, quit picking on this poor guy After all he saw naked unsheathed weapons and maybe was beaten too. He does not relate if he peed during the attack if that occurred or just at the visual shock of his experience.

He does need to post a map of his route, he could have been in a car rental in NJ and I can say that is scary.

I hope Oprah doesn't find out about this victim. She always says "Me Too". That poor girl has a lot of stories to tell, especially if it is Very Disturbing. She apparently likes to get close to the action. We don't know how close this poor guy got or even the length of the ball bats, most first reports are wrong.

In future, this can all be avoided by hooking up a rubber hose and running it down your pants leg. Just pretend to be getting out of the car and looking at something very far in the distance with your Good Foot on the ground. If anybody asks about the pool of liquid that appears, tell them it is condensation from the A/C unit.

As mentioned there are lots of Theys out there and many of those will not even give you a relief break either.
Your a very sick individual (and I like it)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.