Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:54 PM

57 posts, read 161,742 times

Advertisements

Driving back from Ny to visit my father, my son had to use the restroom, I got off the nearest exit having no idea where I was, well I got lost looking for a bathroom for approx 15 minutes, growing up in Los Angeles and my work taking me into south central at times ,I am use to seeing crime infested areas, well nothing prepared for what was in store for a simple trip to the bathroom, roving street gangs with bats and 2x4s roaming the streets, I observed numerous street fights with men and women,graffiti, trash, people passed out, it looked like a scene from the movie black hawk down. What a shame, what a disgrace that people live in such an enviroment. Where is the civility, the structure, what type of culture
would allow itself to fester such dysfuntion, and Im not talking about a few blocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,148,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
Driving back from Ny to visit my father, my son had to use the restroom, I got off the nearest exit having no idea where I was, well I got lost looking for a bathroom for approx 15 minutes, growing up in Los Angeles and my work taking me into south central at times ,I am use to seeing crime infested areas, well nothing prepared for what was in store for a simple trip to the bathroom, roving street gangs with bats and 2x4s roaming the streets, I observed numerous street fights with men and women,graffiti, trash, people passed out, it looked like a scene from the movie black hawk down. What a shame, what a disgrace that people live in such an enviroment. Where is the civility, the structure, what type of culture
would allow itself to fester such dysfuntion, and Im not talking about a few blocks.
That's horrible. Where was it?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 PM

57 posts, read 161,742 times
Elizabeth NJ was the place

Old 02-07-2007, 09:25 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,418,250 times
I would want my governor to call out the National Guard.

The last news I heard of NJ was their ban on smoking. I believe they made it illegal to smoke in a car.

Sounds like they have greater problems than air pollution.

Maybe someone from NJ can provide details. From what I have read on the boards residents of New Jersey are quite frustrated and depressed--with good cause it seems.

sls

Old 02-08-2007, 11:38 AM

34 posts, read 94,137 times
When the ethnic makeup of a society changed, the society changes. When you go to an area filled with third-worlders, the area becomes like a third-world country. It's not a difficult concept.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:20 PM

172 posts, read 308,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh IN CA View Post
When the ethnic makeup of a society changed, the society changes. When you go to an area filled with third-worlders, the area becomes like a third-world country. It's not a difficult concept.
How many 'third-worlders' are there in Elizabeth?

Come on Josh, facts please?

Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,362,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh IN CA View Post
So Josh in CA, are you intimately familiar with Elizabeth NJ? How close is that to you in CA?

Old 02-08-2007, 04:40 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,035,297 times
Yes, Elizabeth, NJ is pretty gross. And I live in NJ, so I know. I am not going to attempt to explain why it is that way, but it is.

I have to drive around quite a bit for work. When I need to use a restroom, I find a McDonalds. In general, they are easy to find, fairly clean, and the bathrooms are almost always located on the right side of the building.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:40 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,418,250 times
Default clean restrooms say a lot for an area

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Yes, Elizabeth, NJ is pretty gross. And I live in NJ, so I know. I am not going to attempt to explain why it is that way, but it is.

I have to drive around quite a bit for work. When I need to use a restroom, I find a McDonalds. In general, they are easy to find, fairly clean, and the bathrooms are almost always located on the right side of the building.
I was once traveling in the north part of metro Atlanta and stopped for gas/restroom. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the restroom and store. Might have been a Quiktrip. They are so good here.

If you come to GA--look for Quiktrip. Clean, fast and all the snacks/drinks I like. They really know their 'Market' here. Very good company. FWIW.

NJ might do well to spruce up a bit and try to get companies like that to come into their state. ??
Sounds like they need to something. I would be contacting my representatives until something was done.

sls

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,485,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
Elizabeth NJ was the place
If you think Elizabeth is bad, try Jersey City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.