U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2009, 11:37 AM

27 posts, read 47,757 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to a video that was posted to YouTube concerning Maryland's identity as an authentic Southern state. It was excellently narrated by Mr. J.M. Walter, a gentleman who is a real Marylander and who is, as such, a true Southern patriot in this state. Please watch attentively and learn some American history in the process.
YouTube - Maintaining the Mason-Dixon: Maryland...

Very best regards to all,
Michael Robert McGarrett

Old 08-29-2009, 11:38 AM

1,358 posts, read 2,269,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
They're south of Dixie so they're south, but they are also north of DC which made it difficult for them to fight for the south.
The term Dixie is generally synonomous with the CSA.

Dixie (dots represent businesses who use the term in their name):

Note the absence of dots in Western TX, WV, DC, MD, and DE.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Robert McGarrett View Post
Here's a link to a video that was posted to YouTube concerning Maryland's identity as an authentic Southern state. It was excellently narrated by Mr. J.M. Walter, a gentleman who is a real Marylander and who is, as such, a true Southern patriot in this state. Please watch attentively and learn some American history in the process.
YouTube - Maintaining the Mason-Dixon: Maryland...

Michael Robert McGarrett
Please I know more "history" than this guy. He even claims that Illinois and Western PA are also Southern. He also uses terms such as "Yankee migration" and the "imperial capital of Washington." Your "Southern patriot" friend is obviously off his rocker. Would somebody please tell him that the Civil War is over and that we (Union Maryland) won.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:38 PM

The War Between the States is NOT over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The South (including the State of Maryland) will rise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
The War Between the States is NOT over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The South (including the State of Maryland) will rise again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me!!!!!!!
Yeeaah, riiight... Keep telling yourself that (must be 1847 everyday in your life). btw I'm sorry to say that your credebility is now 0.

Here's a website for you (and others similarily disillusioned): DixieNet.Org :: The South As It's Own Nation

Old 08-29-2009, 02:53 PM

3,745 posts, read 3,451,534 times
Quote:
You live in Port Tobacco right? Why don't you just calm down and chew some? Or have a cigarette? We've got Al Qaeda and other foreign countries to deal with, not to mention our own struggling economy, and you want for this country to go to war on itself? Sounds like a plan

Old 08-29-2009, 06:33 PM

A member of this forum who is known as "cpterp" wrote that my credibility is (in his estimation) zero. I appreciate the unintended compliment. I wear it as a badge of honor.

Kindest regards to all,
Michael Robert McGarrett

Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
A member of this forum who is known as "cpterp" wrote that my credibility is (in his estimation) zero. I appreciate the unintended compliment. I wear it as a badge of honor.

Kindest regards to all,
Michael Robert McGarrett
You're welcome, now you can go back to waving the rebel flag and continue fighting the "Yankee scum"...

Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 PM

I am hereby providing a link to the excellent presentation that was made by Mr. J.M. Walter (a native-born Marylander and a true Southern patriot) at the Southern National Congress that was held in December 2008 in Hendersonville, North Carolina. In his address, Mr. Walter made the case for Maryland's admission to the SNC. Maryland was granted membership unanimously! God bless and save the South.
YouTube - Remarks on Maryland at Southern National Congress

Michael R. McGarrett
Port Tobacco, Maryland

Old 08-29-2009, 09:27 PM

No offense but this "Southern National Congress" is a organization of disgruntled whacko southerners still fighting the Civil War even though they lost over 150 years ago. The "League of the South" (which thankfully shuns MD, DC, and DE) is another nutjob group. Those still referring to Lincoln as a "tyrant," and angry that Maryland didn't join it's misguided "sisters" to the South really need help.

You may not have realized it, but even though in Port Tobacco (which btw is named after a product no longer produced in Maryland, but still produced in most Southern states) it may be 1847, the year is 2009 everywhere else in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.