Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 PM

276 posts, read 432,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I think it's because most people agree that Delaware is truly northern.
Delaware south of Wilmington becomes Alabama fast....

Old 12-28-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
Dc aint no nike boot capital, people were wearing nike boots waaaaay before wale's song came out. People in the south dont say dug, as a matter of fact, YOU say dog, thats how they say it in the south. The whole t-shirt issue is dead, u still livin 2001, its about to be 2011 step ya joke game up. But yall were the same dudes wearing slouch socks and white tees Club music is alot better than go go, dc agrees thats why its always on yall radio stations. And honestly, i Hate club music. I was in dc last year seeing dudes beating they feet on the bridge in georgetown, M street by the gas station.... yall phony as hell.

Dc and richmond look a lot alike, stop being in denial. Aint no way in hell dc rowhouses look better than baltimore's, r u on drug? Trying to compare a ugly rowhouse with ugly black iron step to the elegance of a baltimore rowhouse with marble steps. And i dont know if anybody told u, but fells point was around before georgetown was. Hustling on our blocks i really couldnt careless, im not in the drug game, grow up. And how do u sound talking about runnin a school? Really, is that what we doing now?

And that was the 2nd time u showed me that phony video.
All that rappin you just did isn't even legit. Never heard Bammamore club music in DC, never. I was walking past a gay club on u street and I heard it, but go figure. lol.

Georgetown's roots go back to 1636, when it was a village with a different name. Its quite old and there we're slaves there for a good 200 years. Fells Point was founded in 1730.

D.C.'s rowhouses looks better then Bmore's and ours is more diverse. Most of y'all joints look the same, a poor mans Philly.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:29 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,539,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Inc. View Post
So does eastern Montana. XD

That's north-western.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
They play club music on the radio down there every weekend. Ive only heard one gogo song played on the radio here; Pieces of Me, and u know how long ago that was. Stop lyin about "walking past" a gay club...lmao
And actually, georgetown was founded in 1751, 21 years AFTER fells point.

And our rowhouses still look better than those DC sh*ts, with ugly black painted steps. dc tried to look like everybody and ended up lookin like sh*t with thoses houses.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:28 PM

35 posts, read 129,935 times
Quote:

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM

Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,415,201 times
Southern Delaware isn't southern.... at the most, it's neutral. No part of the Delaware should be rightly called southern, although there is a divide within New Castle County where the northern part is northern, and the below loses many of the characteristics (Slower talkers, slower drivers, more closed minded, less catholic, more rural.)

The people below the canal in DE should just be considered Delmarvans. Delmarva I would say is neither north nor south, however Wilmington and its suburbs are northern.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 PM

550 posts, read 1,282,389 times
Yeah, I'm not reading 61 pages of arguing but I got a way to end the debate. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

BBQ ... what is it?

If you answered with anything other than pork you aren't a Southerner.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,609 times
Quote:
Well one of my best friends is from Easton in Talbot County and when I asked him if it's the south, he said "I'm really not sure." And his family has roots there going waaaay back. so the Eastern Shore can really be a toss up depending on who you talk to

Old 12-29-2010, 12:29 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,961,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVAunit1981 View Post
Yeah, I'm not reading 61 pages of arguing but I got a way to end the debate. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

BBQ ... what is it?

If you answered with anything other than pork you aren't a Southerner.
i woulda said pork n vinegar because me grandparent like that stuff..they from NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.