U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:15 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,140,590 times

Advertisements

The western states get talked on here (General U.S. Forum) the most because there state forums are dead.

unlike FL, NY, NJ, SC, and TX which are very active forums

and also because cali has 36million+ people...
And to all of you... idiots fighting over California, California is huge and of coarse it's going to have a lot of positives and negatives about it.. and because it's so big and holds so many people of coarse theres going to be more crashing opinions. I mean seriously, not everyone will agree with you if you hate it or not, but my opinion is... CA isn't all that, but it isn't bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 08:24 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,347,354 times
Probably because it's the most populated state???

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,717,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needless Kane View Post
Please only New York and Chicago get talked about on here good everybody else hates Los angeles worships San Diego (even though I like San Diego) and acts like San Francisco is the only real city in all of California.

P.S. and everybody thinks Texas is the **** mainly Houston (no offense).
Well everyone on here think their place is treated like crap...
but All in all... California is loved by most...lets be honest here...

Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,144,309 times
Cali is the exact opposite of a favorite because of their lack of job opportunities, high illegal immigrant population, and their gigantic budget deficit. Don't let Hollywood's glamorous image fool you. For every 1 star living the high life, there are one thousand people struggling to make it in Cali living the borderline low life.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:24 PM

514 posts, read 667,976 times
CA goes through these cycles every decade or two. The reason housing prices get so high is that there's such a strong demand to live here. The reason immigration is a problem is that the Feds won't secure the border. The reason that the budget has such a big deficit is that we pay for the illegal problem (incarceration for example) not the Feds. Of all the tax money we send to DC, we only get about 85-90% back. We are subsidizing some of the other states. The reason we are overpopulated is that people like my wife and I and those from other states and countries wanted to live here and raise our families here. The higher home prices started here in San Diego because there was such a high demand, because environmentalists have kept builders from building everywhere (we have a lot of open space but it's not flat), and because SD is drop-dead gorgeous. Many Californians weren't especially eager to leave but with hundreds of thousands of dollars in home equity took the opportunity to move out. That's being financially smart. I hope they didn't forget to thank us on their way out.

Even when a few businesses leave they are replaced almost exponentially by start-ups. We shed people all the time but the industrious, energetic and creative always stay and welcome more of their kind, who can live where they want. PLEASE, if you don't like us then don't come here. If you're here and unhappy then leave ASAP and go back home. For heaven's sake, SoCal has more folks than all of Texas. CA has more than TX and FL combined. We'd be happy to send 5 million to Texas and 5 million more to FL or MN or NY or NE or NV or NE. Let's see how well you do with our problems. CA is not just LA (but I love LA) and it is not just SF (I love SF!). If you really don't like us then don't turn on the TV or go to movies. They're from us. Don't turn on your HP or Mac or use anything from Intel. Don't use Google or Yahoo. They're also from us. Don't go to DisneyWorld or SeaWorld. They're ours, too. Please don't eat at MacDonald's. That started here, too. Don't eat oranges or winter veggies or drink CA wine. Get it? Appreciate us for what we've done and call your people to come back home. Maybe MN will become the entertainment capital of the world and NY will grow oranges or grapefruit and Maine will replace Napa Valley and Omaha will build a Golden Gate Bridge across the wide Missouri. Anything's possible, right?

Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 AM

263 posts, read 733,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Don't let Hollywood's glamorous image fool you. For every 1 star living the high life, there are one thousand people struggling to make it in Cali living the borderline low life.
There are about 39 million there now, which, by your math, means that there are 39,000 stars living high!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,233,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Well considering that I have over 1000 posts, I think I'm more qualified to talk about this site than you. From my experience, in the threads that I attend, those cities are very often seen as greater than they are.
Wow what a low Life you probably think theres a competition to get more than 1000 posts, you probably stay on the computer all day just trying to get your posts up. Why california is talked about so much is because Theres something for everyone game over.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Probably because it's the most populated state???

That doesn't mean ****. Cali is the most populated state, what does this fact have to do with people's opinoin's about cali.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Cali is the exact opposite of a favorite because of their lack of job opportunities, high illegal immigrant population, and their gigantic budget deficit. Don't let Hollywood's glamorous image fool you. For every 1 star living the high life, there are one thousand people struggling to make it in Cali living the borderline low life.
What a actor you are. Nature wheres the Starlight.Its okay if you are jealous of cali.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
They hate us because we're beautiful.
Were World Famous. Exactly were beautiful even when were on Fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or