Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:33 PM

13 posts, read 78,101 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure I would consider any one state to be better than the others. I think this is just a preference based on a person's likes. I have lived in Illinois and this state has problems, I currently live in northeast Ohio and dislike being here. There are alot of factories moving out of Ohio thus causing a depression in this part of the state. We have just dug out of 13 inches of snow just to get ice this weekend. We have broken a record for the highs during the day being in the negative digits. I know I am going to get some serious comments from others but we are moving to Florida. The reason-my husband was offered a better paying job then what he had here. I know Florida had a lot of problems as I have done research on the state but I think every state has its fair share of problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,730,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessOH View Post
I know I am going to get some serious comments from others but we are moving to Florida. The reason-my husband was offered a better paying job then what he had here. I know Florida had a lot of problems as I have done research on the state but I think every state has its fair share of problems.
Ohio may not be Paradise but Florida may be out of the frying pan into the fire. I also live in Ohio but have started to come to Florida for the winter. I think at least half of Ohio folks are down here. Only out numbered by the hordes from Canada.

I would really know what I was getting into in Florida. No way would I trade Ohio for Florida as the full time place of residence. Florida is playing a game that will be hard to win in the long run. Want to have their cake and eat it too. Continuous increases in taxes and spending without having it hurt anybody. Trying to change the rules now to please those who vote in Florida and pass on the costs to the tourists. That game only has so much legs. Actually they are setting up to screw everybody with smoke and mirrors again.

Nice place to visit with the right situation, but I sure don't want to live there. Plus the sun will bake your brains 9 months of the year.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:59 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,843 times
SC-South Carolina
Texas
VA-Virginia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.