U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:15 PM

5,772 posts, read 13,732,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
It might be true for cockroaches (I dont know much about them), but its completely untrue for scorpions because they give live birth. The babies ride around with mommy until they molt and then theyre on their own. Killing a pregnant scorpion kills the babies.
About the scorpions, I wouldn't know from personal experience, but I've heard that the baby scorpions riding on the mama's back blend in well and are hard to see. You're not likely to notice until you squash the mother and see the babies scattering. Then it's too late to keep a whole bunch of babies from taking up residence in your house and growing up there, while the mother with the babies on her back might possibly just be passing through. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 06:34 PM

98 posts, read 534,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
I just posted about this in a thread in the Indiana forum but I want to ask again: how do people in the south (both east and west) stand all those bugs: snakes, scorpions, spiders, worms, etc.? In MN I might have to do deal with the occasional mosquitos but not often. And I particularly remember the worms that always sprang up every time it rained. Back when we lived in Tulsa, OK, in the early 90s, sometimes we'd wake up and we'd see scorpions in our bathtubs. Crap!

How do southern people deal with it? It's nasty!
Bug spray and rat zappers. If you are not easily offended check out http://rat-hunter.com/
where there's a way there's a will.
My fav on that website is http://rat-hunter.com/stories/2007/squirrel-funnelator/ and don't just look at the picture click it to watch the very funny video. beware if you are really a person who doesn't live with or doesn't care if they live with rodents then don't look at this site.
Don't flame me over it either, it's not my site and I did find that very valuable clue to the rat zapper.

Last edited by asassyvic; 11-01-2008 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: wanted to add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or