U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times

Advertisements

I've always wanted to see the 1970s version of NYC. So I'll stay here and wait for something similar to it to roll through the City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 01:36 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,572,134 times
Oh Lord, why do people panic over anything?? I'm guessing some of you are the same ones that ran to the gas stations before Ike hit Texas because we were going to run out of gas. The sky is falling.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 PM

33 posts, read 38,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Well, this is one month since leaving so cal for a small town in OK. Don't miss socal at all. With the gang grafetti all over the place and the growing incidents, if it hits the fan that is NOT the place to be. Here may not be perfect, but sure feels that way. And if there is a meltdown, the house is paid for.

Any large metropolitan area will be bad. When people have no money and need basics they will turn to means they would not have considered. And no city will be left out of the carnage.

when the cities are empty. . . . . . where do you think they will turn next?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Oh Lord, why do people panic over anything?? I'm guessing some of you are the same ones that ran to the gas stations before Ike hit Texas because we were going to run out of gas. The sky is falling.
NO gas station for me i sat backed and laughed at the morons who raced across town to buy gas at 5.50 a gallon. . . . .
but if you can see smoke, guess what!
there is fire!

and this problem has been smokin for a while now

Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,205,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Uhh they did run out of gas in the south

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,205,537 times
Ok I just saw this...maybe they are scare tactics

Action urged on asteroids - Cosmic Log - msnbc.com

Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM

if an asteroid hits you . . .what will you do? i mean of course besides DIE

you should be ready at all times

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM

3,238 posts, read 7,965,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I saw a news story here locally that said Omaha was the only city in the area, including Kansas City, Des Moines and Chicago that would survive an economic resession with little to no effect. Gosh help me if I could find that story...
I think Oklahoma City is on that list as well. We have low unemployment, and we didn't get involved in the housing bubble, so our foreclosures are pretty low as well.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I think Oklahoma City is on that list as well. We have low unemployment, and we didn't get involved in the housing bubble, so our foreclosures are pretty low as well.
But you have big honking tornados.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 AM

42,663 posts, read 74,221,895 times
Mexico. A small ltown in a fairly fertile part of Mexico already knows how to live without very much high-tech energy, and most peolple are right now getting along OK without private cars. Most places require neither heating or air-con. Enough food is grown nearby that people will not need to depend on shipping or transport to get food. Very few people have had to go into debt in order to maintain their current standard of living. Beat the rush---when the meltdown comes, there will be millions of American wetabcks trying to get south across the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.