Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 AM

25 posts, read 30,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Mexico. A small ltown in a fairly fertile part of Mexico already knows how to live without very much high-tech energy, and most peolple are right now getting along OK without private cars. Most places require neither heating or air-con. Enough food is grown nearby that people will not need to depend on shipping or transport to get food. Very few people have had to go into debt in order to maintain their current standard of living. Beat the rush---when the meltdown comes, there will be millions of American wetabcks trying to get south across the border.
I watched Entorage's opening episode too! the manage' must've made it that much more of a good idea in your mind huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
not sure. i was all geared up for a big sunami got my fins and snorkel n mask right in the closet where i can reachem. now you want me to gear up for somethin different.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM

409 posts, read 871,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Oh Lord, why do people panic over anything?? I'm guessing some of you are the same ones that ran to the gas stations before Ike hit Texas because we were going to run out of gas. The sky is falling.
Well in all fairness, that was the day the little light came on saying the time had come to put gas in the gas tank or start walking.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
I lived in NYC for a few years. I loved it during great economic times. I always had this feeling that if the economy took a downturn, I certainly would NOT want to live there!

The sad part about most rural areas is you are so reliant on the AUTO, making it not be so great anymore.

I think abroad would be better.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:12 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Definitely not here!(But I am...)

Parade of Problems: Traffic & Transit Gridlocked | NBC Philadelphia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.