U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Forest Type do you like Better: Deciduous or Coniferous Forest?
Deciduous Forests 50 60.98%
Coniferous Forests 32 39.02%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM

35,216 posts, read 32,177,752 times

Advertisements

Coniferous all the way We have a mix here in S Cal but the sound of the whipping ripping through pine just can't be beat. Once you see a Giant Redwood it will leave you awe struck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM

322 posts, read 984,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Cactus!

You seriously honest to god like Desert landscape over normal forested green lush scenery...... hey i guess there pretty neat to see because of there unique formation and they taste pretty good too...lol... but yeah i absolutely despise the deserts!!!! besides Arizona because Arizona is a perfect name for a state with a desert landscape....

Maybe im just Obsessed about the Eastern US... it's just hands down better then the western US in every aspect in my opinion.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,423,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
You seriously honest to god like Desert landscape over normal forested green lush scenery...... hey i guess there pretty neat to see because of there unique formation and they taste pretty good too...lol... but yeah i absolutely despise the deserts!!!! besides Arizona because Arizona is a perfect name for a state with a desert landscape....

Maybe im just Obsessed about the Eastern US... it's just hands down better then the western US in every aspect in my opinion.
Desert flora is extremely interesting to me, too. I love both types of scenery (forest and desert), there is much beauty to be found in both. I have over 15 species of cacti at home just because I love em so much. Ive even travelled all over Illinois in search of our 3 native cacti species, and have found many locales that can support them here in IL, so I get the best of both worlds!

Old 09-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Desert flora is extremely interesting to me, too. I love both types of scenery (forest and desert), there is much beauty to be found in both. I have over 15 species of cacti at home just because I love em so much. Ive even travelled all over Illinois in search of our 3 native cacti species, and have found many locales that can support them here in IL, so I get the best of both worlds!

yeah...see desert is really kool when it's a real desert. Out here all we have is farmland and nothing else but suburbs also.... Like Arizona... it's a really Unique place to visit because it's just so different from Most places in the US.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 PM

3,455 posts, read 6,313,421 times
Coniferous all the way...

Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,574,575 times
Deciduous? No way. They just remind me of being in a park or on some upper-middle class neighborhood in a cheesy family movie. Coniferous forests are quite preferable.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
yeah...see desert is really kool when it's a real desert. Out here all we have is farmland and nothing else but suburbs also.... Like Arizona... it's a really Unique place to visit because it's just so different from Most places in the US.
I actually prefer NM's deserts to AZ's.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM

well this i think everyone will agree on.... Any Desert is sure better and more spectacular to see then Farmland DULL FARMLAND!!!! Very Boring....lol

Old 09-26-2008, 03:17 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,281,369 times
Coniferous forest, as a climax vegetation, sustains very little speciation. It is a nearly-dead environment, with extremely weak and inert soil. If you clearcut coniferous forest, you basicly have a wasteland left behind. If you clearcut deciduous, it is very fertile.

I'm with the desert people. America's deserts have a rich and varied population of plant and animal species.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
well this i think everyone will agree on.... Any Desert is sure better and more spectacular to see then Farmland DULL FARMLAND!!!! Very Boring....lol
Depends on where youre at. Would I rather be in drab Nevada's central desert or in Irish countryside farmland? IRELAND ANY DAY!!!!! Some areas of the desert are sooooo flat and soooooo desolate that its beyond lame. If that was the case, give me farmland any day. But if youre talking about central Kansas farms over the Chihuhuan Desert? Ill take the desert.

Make sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.