U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can any U.S. city really compare to Los Angeles, California?
Yes 56 69.14%
No 25 30.86%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM

15,459 posts, read 25,401,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
If you can't name Washington Heights, then it's quite apparent that you really do know nothing about New York and your credibility regarding our city is completely washed away from here on out. Everybody who's ever lived in New York has heard of Wash. Heights. It's on the news all the time (shooting here, stabbing here, etc.). But nonetheless, it's a cool neighborhood and home to one of the LA Dodgers latest heros, Manny Ramirez. East New York is right near Bushwick and Bed-Stuy, where you claimed to have lived... That's kind of strange. You lived right near it but you don't know it?

Do I smell a phony?

My work is done here. Just another faker exposed.
Do I smell someone who doesn't have a damn clue what they are talking about AGAIN?

Do schools in NY teach reading comprehension? Do you actually pay attention to who you are responding to? I've NEVER lived in NYC and I NEVER claimed that I did. That was HAPP, that lived in NYC. Get your facts straight.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 PM

0 posts, read 1,349,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Right, and I'm sure most people are going to rush into Brooklyn to check out all the cool neighborhoods You can't BS those who know. Aside from Manhattan all the other boroughs of NYC are ugly high rise\ hardly any trees\ cold-looking dismal streets\ very uninviting & no reason for anyone but a compulsively defensive New Yorker to boast about. Next you'll be selling us on how great life is in the Bronx or Staten Island & Queens.
If that's the case, then everything outside of West Los Angeles is very ugly, nasty and crappy.

Wouldn't you agree?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:02 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,305,646 times
Quote:
Americanboy;5537539]If that's the case, then everything outside of West Los Angeles is very ugly, nasty and crappy.

Wouldn't you agree?[/
No, I don agree because west of West LA is the Pacific Ocean & east of West LA includes Westwood\ Century City\ Beverly Hills\ West Hollywood\ Los Feliz\ Pasadena [hardly "very ugly, nasty and crappy." Inland\ east of the South Bay is ugly\ nasty\ crappy since that is where South LA\ Compton\ East LA are located.

Quote:
FutureCop
Do I smell a phony?

My work is done here. Just another faker exposed.
You really are a "piece of cake" who distorts & exaggerates facts including the feeble attempt to accuse the wrong person just to score a cheap point. A dog smells his own poop first ["phony" . . . faker."

You should be embarrassed for exposing your lack of credibility & driven obsession with false statements about New York City [people from NY need to call you out on your BS

Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,006,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
If that's the case, then everything outside of West Los Angeles is very ugly, nasty and crappy.

Wouldn't you agree?
I agree... but then again... I'm a West LA elitist

Old 10-04-2008, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,682 times
I AM AN ANGELENO AND I LOVE IT HERE!!!! BEEN TO NY MANY TIMES BUT EVERY TIME I GO I WIND UP HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH A BITTER NERDY NEW YORKER ALWAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING. ITS LIKE YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK YOUR RIGHT! U LIKE NY AND WE LOVE LA, WHO CARES. THE TWO CITIES ARE DIFFRENT AND SIMILAR IN MANY WAYS. AND REMEMBER, LIKE NY LA HAS ITS AREAS. SOME GHETTO, SOME NICE.

THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS ANNOYING BEING FROM LA IS ALL THE TRANSPLANTS. IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE FROM LA IS FROM LA!!!
ITS KINDA PATHETIC WHEN YOUR IN HOLLYWOOD AND YOU SEE ALL THESE CRUMMY CARS WITH NEW JERSEY OR IOWA PLATES. I CAN DEFINATELY LIVE WITH FEWER OF THE 18 YEAR OLD "I AM MOVING TO HOLLWOOD" PEOPLE. THEY DRESS WIERD TOO.

LA IS GREAT AND NY IS GREAT BUT LETS FACE IT, TWO ENTIRELY DIFFRENT LIFESTYLES.

P.S WESTMINSTER IS IN OC NOT LA!!! CITY OUTSIDE LA

Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 PM

190 posts, read 830,508 times
Speaking of bad neighborhoods the ghettos in NY are much better and safer than in LA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

Anyway we can either continue this in a new thread (NYC vs LA) or continue here.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:32 PM

5,515 posts, read 17,674,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
Speaking of bad neighbor hoods the ghettos in ny are much better and safer than in la

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
lol uhh no.

What you posted means absolutely nothing in determining which ghetto is safer.

I wont even bother with you. I'll let someone else explain.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:36 PM

190 posts, read 830,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
lol uhh no.

What you posted means absolutely nothing in determining which ghetto is safer.

I wont even bother with you. I'll let someone else explain.

I posted that website to show which city is safer. I didn't post it to show what ghetto was safer. I was saying it was better and safer on personal account.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:00 PM

5,515 posts, read 17,674,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
I posted that website to show which city is safer. I didn't post it to show what ghetto was safer. I was saying it was better and safer on personal account.
Ok you posted:

"Speaking of bad neighborhoods the ghettos in NY are much better and safer than in LA"

No ghetto is worse or safer than another. The hood is the hood whether its in Boston, Washington, DC, NYC or New Orleans.

From the map you can gather that NYC has more safer areas than LA, and that is the difference in crime rate.

So you can say:

NYC has more safe areas than Los Angeles.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:04 PM

100 posts, read 122,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post

Wouldn't you agree?
so what west san diego is the only nice part. No one on here probaly even went to LA so it's not right to judge a city on bias opions.

Last edited by OneMetropolis; 10-04-2008 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or