Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can any U.S. city really compare to Los Angeles, California?
Yes 56 69.14%
No 25 30.86%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 AM

263 posts, read 798,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Shouldn't LA be more worried about wildfires, than pretending to be better than NYC?

Burn baby burn
Not that the fdny would know how to go about fighting a wildfire, but I digress ("Burn baby burn"- you added that almost an hour after your original post, didn't you?) You know why I'm putting new york in lowercase lettering, don't you? Maybe new york should be more concerned with returning the money that was again given it. Maybe they should grow a pair and learn how to be a city that can take care of itself, and not be the world's largest, smelliest example of a welfare case. Maybe you should be worried about the pathetic reputation you have in the world and be on the lookout for torches and pitchforks, because that false bravado of yours would surrender like a cheese eating Frenchman under this country's collective anger right about now. By the way, we look down on you the way you look down on Boston Get it now?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
The media of New York City are internationally influential, and include some of the most important newspapers, largest publishing houses, most prolific television studios, and biggest record companies in the world. New York is the largest hub of media production in the United States and is also the nation's largest media market. It is a major global center for the television, music, newspaper and book publishing industries.

NYC is not B list. NYC is home to ABC. CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, CNN(NYstudios) MTV, Fox news, HBO, Comedy Central, 4 of the big six .

NYC is home to 4 of the 10 largest papers in the United States. The New York Times (International), The New York Daily News, and The New York Post, and The Wall Street Journal (international). NYC has more than 350 different magazine editorial offices and home to publishing giants such as Time Warner, Condé Nast Publications, and The Hearst Corporation. NYC has over 200 newspapers.

NYC also home to 3 of the big 4 record labels, Seven of the world's top eight global advertising agency networks, Two of the three national daily newspapers, 270 newspapers and magazines published in more than 40 languages, and One-third of all American independent films,
Almost everything you said here is true. The newspapers aren't influential in any real sense anymore- in fact they're almost on the ropes. Including the new york times. Los Angeles is actually home to the entertainment content that is only 'broadcast' from new york in finished form from the studios here that do the heavy lifting that new york can't. Commercials that are mostly created in Los Angeles are then inserted by the networks. Kind of like the way MTV rode on the coattails of Hollywood content, the networks are just broadcasters of our product. Period. Most of the publishing still to this day concentrates on Los Angeles and Hollywood in general, even as they try desperately to add new york stories into the mix, and all of what you listed from, again, wikipedia, still can't equate to the overall influence of Hollywood. Period! That should tell you something about reality. What goes on in office towers is a lot of pencil pushing, you know that! Don't you?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
Not that the fdny would know how to go about fighting a wildfire, but I digress ("Burn baby burn"- you added that almost an hour after your original post, didn't you?) You know why I'm putting new york in lowercase lettering, don't you? Maybe new york should be more concerned with returning the money that was again given it. Maybe they should grow a pair and learn how to be a city that can take care of itself, and not be the world's largest, smelliest example of a welfare case. Maybe you should be worried about the pathetic reputation you have in the world and be on the lookout for torches and pitchforks, because that false bravado of yours would surrender like a cheese eating Frenchman under this country's collective anger right about now. By the way, we look down on you the way you look down on Boston Get it now?

You tight!! haha

cry me a river you ****** .

You sucking LA hard, and you're from Henderson, Nevada. You should stay a groupie, you love keeping NYC in your mouth. But seriously, glamorize Mexico (oops I mean LA) all you want....I could care less about a city with little diversity, that is superficial and fake (dudeeeeeeeee like omigosh), with boring weather, and that is claim to fame is uhh movies.

sorry ma'm. Try again. Mexico (oops ) is not even a factor.

Not

even

close.

BTW, Milquetoasted, have the fires been put out yet ? lol

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM

705 posts, read 3,297,061 times
Quote:
You tight!! haha

You sucking LA hard, and you're from Henderson, Nevada. You should stay a groupie, you love keeping NYC in your mouth. But seriously, glamorize Mexico (oops I mean LA) all you want....I could care less about a city with little diversity, that is superficial and fake (dudeeeeeeeee like omigosh), with boring weather, and that is claim to fame is uhh movies.

Not

even

close.

What a pathetic reply! Give it a rest.
"Have the fires been put out yet"??
THOSE ARE PEOPLE's HOMES THAT ARE BURNING and several people have died in the past few days; be more considerate.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:49 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
I dont know maybe you should actually look at the links before saying anything because i read the whole LA page and i am not impressed. All that stuff you posted looked persuasive but isnt. If i posted all the companies and stuff in NYC it would take effort but on that page it already had it laid out which usually means thats it. Also it wont be as many links as NYC. Have you looked at both pages. The NYC page is way larger than the LA page. I didnt even post links from the page. These are all separate pages. ANd your post before the last post about the metro area is just sad, how you needed to bring outer areas apart of this. You are right this isnt a battle because LA couldn't win. I see La more as somewhere i would vacation not live. And you brought sports into this when records are beaten every year.
Wow who's comparing La to Nyc. Citypolice There's no way you can Compare L.A. and Nyc their both two different cities. One city is Walkable the other city is Drivable. They both have different Lifestyle and Weather.Both have things that one another dont have.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
You tight!! haha

Not

even

close.

Wow Your Cool...Jk That Whole Post is Disgusting. There's Fires going around Destroying homes killing People and you find a reason to make fun of that.

I bet in a 6.0 earthquake hit Ny the whole city could Collapse. But i wouldn't find any reason to make fun of that.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
You tight!! haha

glamorize Mexico (oops I mean LA)

You sure you passed Geography what's next Florida is Cuba, You Dumass.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
YoI could care less about a city with little diversity, that is superficial and fake (dudeeeeeeeee like omigosh), with boring weather, and that is claim to fame is uhh movies.

Boring weather? Is that how the least coast spins it? I'd guess they'd have to. The weather is so superior to new york's that you would think God was ignoring you, SuperMario! Funny how Los Angeles is more attractive than new york, even when it's on fire! And if it were just moviemaking that was our claim to fame, guess what? That would be more than enough to trump you, Super, SuperMario. Whenever I hear Milquetoast or Henderson I think "game, set and match!"

Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
Funny how Los Angeles is more attractive than new york, even when it's on fire!
Mel Melcon/LATimes
Michael robinson Chavez/LATimes

Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 AM

190 posts, read 882,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Wow who's comparing La to Nyc. Citypolice There's no way you can Compare L.A. and Nyc their both two different cities. One city is Walkable the other city is Drivable. They both have different Lifestyle and Weather.Both have things that one another dont have.
I know i was saying which is better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.